Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: My Music/My Pictures folders  (Read 638 times)

Offline Hiatus

• JoshSalverda.com
My Music/My Pictures folders
« on: December 11, 2005, 02:24 »
I've been trying to figure this out for awhile now...

Anyone know how to change the default location of the My Music/My Pictures folders?

I have my drive partitioned for certain things: Programs (C:\), Multimedia (E:\), and Other (F:\)...I store all my music/pictures on the Multimedia partition, but the My Music and My Pictures folders are still located in C:\My Documents\ section...

Just wondering if anyone knows how to change the location...I think it would probably be somewhere in the registry but I don't know where...
l33t h@x0r... sort of...

Offline Hiatus

• JoshSalverda.com
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2005, 02:30 »
Ok...nvm, sorry...

1 min. after I posted this I finally found a site that tells me how to do this...in case anyone else is wondering how:

In the registry, navigate to: "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders" and you can change it from there...
l33t h@x0r... sort of...

Offline DualBoy

• http://www.pingme.ca
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2005, 02:35 »
Bah darn you :) I was about to answer that one :( I have a similar setup like that on my windows box. I keep a folder on a mirrored set of 200GB drives called My Profile with the proper mapped Docs/Pics/Projects and Settings then I have a clean ghost image of my main windows drive that references to the proper locations in case I need to format it or replace the drive its a matter of 5 minutes to get everything back up to spec.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum