Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: BBC drops 'digital face' promo  (Read 1390 times)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
BBC drops 'digital face' promo
« on: December 13, 2005, 18:03 »
The BBC has dropped the controversial 'digital face' promo which which some viewers complained was "horrific" and "disturbingly psychotic".

The campaign which was called The Faces, featured a giant animated head made up of smaller heads has been defended by the BBC after receiving 1,300 complaints from viewers.

The BBC have said the trailer had "finished slightly early", after it "achieved its goal".

The BBC also added: "The digital faces trail was one of a very long series designed to capture the attention of viewers and stimulate interest in the BBC's digital services.

"The latest, which was first transmitted on 5 November, has been very successful in this respect and early indications are that it has achieved its goal."

"We have been very conscious that some viewers disliked the nature of the trail, although clearly it was not our intention to offend."

"Given that we feel the trial has achieved its aims, we feel that we can now conclude the campaign and use the air-time to let viewers know about the fantastic Christmas in store for them on the BBC."

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2005, 19:13 »
Aren't some people pathetic?  I couldn't see any problems with that at all, and it certainly wouldn't have given me nightmares... unless, of course, all the faces were Clive's!  :grin:
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2005, 22:12 »
Oh it was a horrible advert Simon.  It made me feel sick.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum