Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Chinese New Year  (Read 2421 times)

Offline Whiskas

• Loyal Member
Chinese New Year
« on: February 01, 2003, 14:44 »
Already broken the resolutions you made on December 31?

Don't worry, you can start afresh with the arrival of the Chinese New Year tomorrow.

It is the Year of the Ram and there are dozens of websites to help you celebrate the 15-day New Year festival.

If you want to find out more go to www.chinatown-online.org.uk where you can enter your year of birth and discover which of the 12 Chinese animal signs represents your personality.

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Re:Chinese New Year
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2003, 15:31 »
Yes, I heard it's the Chinese New Year.  Thanks for the interesting link although I will have to wait a couple of weeks to find out what it says about me.  ;D

Offline Rodders

• Forum Fanatic
  • Bournemouth: Where even the water is 'ard!
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2003, 17:41 »
Apparently, I'm a bit of a Dragon!  My stone is Amethyst, element is wood and meal is roast pork Chow Mein.  ;D

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2003, 17:48 »
I see you coveniently left this of your synopsis Rodders  ::)

Greatest Affinity : Rat ,Monkey

A cheeky monkey like you who appears to be a bit of a rat at times doesnt surprise me that you have such affinities  ;)

Offline Whiskas

• Loyal Member
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2003, 17:49 »
This is what I got

The Monkey
Ranking order : Ninth

Hours ruled by the Monkey: 3 pm - 5 pm

Direction of sign : West - Southwest

Season and principal month : Summer - August

Corresponds to Western sign : Leo

Fixed Element : metal

Stem : Positive

Greatest Affinity : Dragon, Rat

Greatest Enmity : Tiger

Charming, cheeky, mischievous and ingenious, monkeys have little respect for authority, and often find themselves in trouble. Monkeys are born under the sign of fantasy and of all the twelve signs, monkeys are the nearest to mankind. Monkeys are blessed with great intelligence, and having a high regard for knowledge, they are capable of thinking through even the most complex problems.

Monkeys are not the best business people in the world, being something of 'Arthur Dailey' or 'Del and Rodney' figures. They are opportunistic, and often end up chasing profits rather than following through any business strategy. However, their quick wits and intelligence often brings them through, and they may make a fortune from nothing. A powerful memory coupled with a cool temperament when under pressure all give the monkey extremely strong survival skills.

The Chinese warn that the charm of the monkey, together with its tendency to fantasise can result in them telling extraordinary tales which you end up believing, however improbable. This helps them get out of difficult situations, and often helps them escape punishment for their mischief.

The monkey is a bit of a thrill seeker, and is always looking for a new experience. As such they find long term relationships somewhat elusive.

Offline Rodders

• Forum Fanatic
  • Bournemouth: Where even the water is 'ard!
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2003, 17:58 »
A cheeky monkey like you who appears to be a bit of a rat at times doesnt surprise me that you have such affinities  ;)

I'm actually a warm and wonderful person once you get to know me, Sandra.  ;)

Offline Barra

• Established Member
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2003, 18:11 »
As with western horoscopes, parts are absolutely spot on while the rest are exactly opposite!

The Pig
Ranking order : Twelfth

Hours ruled by the Pig: 9 pm - 11 pm

Direction of sign : North -Northwest

Season and principal month : Autumn - November

Corresponds to Western sign : Scorpio

Lucky Gemstone: Topaz

Fixed Element : Water

Stem : Negative

Greatest Affinity :Rabbit, Ram

Greatest Enmity :Snake

The pig is a peace-lover, strong and straightforward. They can be seen as pure people who enjoy a quiet life. Although they can be quick to lose their tempers, they are just as quick to make up, forgive and forget. They are born under the sign of honesty.

Although they have a bad reputation in the West, the pig is highly regarded by the Chinese. No other animal works harder or plays harder. Well informed and social, the robust and hearty pig loves company. Another great love is clothing. Pigs dress to impress, and are masters of power dressing in work situations. On the social scene, the pig is the trend setter, not being simply well dressed, but being impressively dressed.

Despite their strong dress sense, pride in appearances does not always extend to the home! If pigs are messy in the home, then they are really messy. It is a strange trait of the pig that these two characteristics can run side by side. However, some pigs are just as flashy in their domestic set-ups as they are in their dress sense.

Pigs, male and female, tend to big hearted and well-organised people. They are seldom bothered by the world, and don't tend to bear grudges. They tend not to analyse situations, and as a result can often be caught off guard both in business and in relationships by those who are not as honest and straightforward as they are.

Pigs are greater talkers, and love gossip. At the same time they ensure that their voices are heard in debates, though only after gauging their own position first: they will not generally offer their opinion first. Having voiced their opinion the pig will take the attitude, 'take it or leave' it, and again, is not really concerned with what others think. In romance, this trait is reflected with a tendency to fall in love very quickly, often before more self-conscious people would dare to reveal their feelings.

img]http://www.sandrataylor.dsl.pipex.com/pennyfarthing_button.gif[/img]I'm back!

Offline bat69

• Loyal Member
    • http://members.lycos.co.uk/dbat69/
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2003, 10:32 »
I'm a snake  :'( :'(
url=http://www.pc-pals.com/userpics/bat69bc.swf]Flash[/url]

Offline Whiskas

• Loyal Member
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2003, 10:38 »

I'm a snake  :'( :'(

Well we knew that already ;) ;D

Offline bat69

• Loyal Member
    • http://members.lycos.co.uk/dbat69/
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2003, 10:46 »
I'm deeply hurt now Whiskas  :butt: :baad: :heehee:   ;)
url=http://www.pc-pals.com/userpics/bat69bc.swf]Flash[/url]

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum