Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: PCI ADSL Modem Disconnect Problem  (Read 963 times)

Offline andymanis

• New Registration
PCI ADSL Modem Disconnect Problem
« on: February 03, 2006, 14:33 »
I have a Solwise adsl pci modem and i have the problem that at random times it will disconect from the internet. The icon in the taskbar will tell me that it is still connected but infact it isnt. If i then click disconnect my computer will sort of go into a stage of waiting for something, but it wont close the window and actually disconnect so that i can then just click redial. instead i have to pull the lead out of the modem, wait for the syncing lights to turn red then plug the lead back in sync up then recoonect. It is becoming rather annoying but having used it in another computer i know it is not the modem, it is not my line as i have used it in 2 different houses, it started doing it when i put it in my new pc. Intel Desktop Motherboard with a 3ghz cpu in. It has to be something to do with the computer it is in at the moment and im guessing the motherboard and possibly some sort of irq problem, so does anyone have any idea how to remedy it or atleast suggest some tests i can do to isolate the problem and find out once and for all what is causing it as i have been putting up with it for almost a year now and it is becoming very annoying!

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2006, 17:03 »
Hi Andy and :welcome:

Intermittent problems with no regular pattern are the worst kind to try and sort out  :(

I assume that you have uninstalled the modem then shut down and physically removed the PCI card and rebooted without it in then shut down again and re fitted the PCI card and then reinstalled it ?

Other than that are there any updated drivers for the modem from the manufacturers site ?

Offline andymanis

• New Registration
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2006, 17:12 »
yeah i have done that and have formatted many times ever since the first time i encountered the problem. tried different drivers too :(

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2006, 17:15 »
Any windows updates that may fix it ?

Or did the problem start happening when SP2 came out ?

That seems to be the type of problem SP2 often created  :(

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum