Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: DAB radio not tuning in :-(  (Read 7403 times)

Offline sweetbabe

DAB radio not tuning in :-(
« on: February 06, 2006, 14:36 »
Hi,
What a great site this is I've just come from my pc probs and over here now about my micro hi fi  :laugh:

Well anyway I have LG LF-BM340, Micro system, Dab, Mp3 player etc It's about 18 months old and since day one I've had problems with the DAB.

At first I was just using the arieal that came with it (just the small looking cable)  and it was ok for a while then started cutting out, which was sooooo annoying  :twisted: so I then got a bigger and better arieal (which I was intending to do anyway) and put it in the loft. This was working great for a good few months, then started cutting out again  :twisted: so for a while I didn't even put it on.

Then a few weeks back I put it back on and all it is doing now is 'tuning DAB....tuning DAB' you can leave it for hours and that's all it'll do  :(
I've left it unplugged from the electric for a while to see if it'll reset or do something..... but no... it's just stuck at 'tuning DAB'   :cry:

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 15:08 »
I think you are going to have to check all the aerial connections including the one in the attic.  Which type of connectors and cable does it use?  Did you have to remove your inbuilt aerial?  Mine looks as if it can be unscrewed but there are no other aerial sockets at the back of the set.

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2006, 15:21 »
Have you put any new kind of electrical equipment near to the radio such as a pc, wireless mouse/keyboard, a cordless phone or a mobile ?

New tv, microwave oven or something like that ?

What happens if you put the old aerial back in ?

Offline sweetbabe

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2006, 15:34 »
Hi Clive, It's an external conection for dipole for DAB which is what I have in the attic.

Hi again Sandra, I have all those thing in my room (bed/pc room) except for the microwave oven lol But no none of them are close to it.
I don't still have the original arieal to test it. But did test the dipole in the FM socket and worked fine, it picked up the signal no problem.

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2006, 15:40 »
Has it got one of those reset buttons that needs to be pushed in with a small object ?

Its not something so silly as that it needs the date and time setting before it will tune in is it ?

I would have thought that it would set its own date and time from the radio transmissions though  :?

Offline sweetbabe

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2006, 15:42 »
No, it doesn't have a reset button....that's what I was hoping and trying to find on it.

Offline Camstop

• Loyal Member
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2006, 15:49 »
Looks like it could be a problem wiith the radio sb and theres others with the same problems here

Offline sweetbabe

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2006, 15:57 »
Hi camstop, do you know I've just been looking at that same forum and was just going to post link on here, but you just beat me to it  :laugh:

This is very like my problem I've had with it http://pub20.bravenet.com/forum/1692837312/fetch/508614/
mine used to take about 20 mins or so before it started cutting out.

I wish I had of read these problems in my 12 months warranty and got it replaced, but at the time I was just thinking it was reception problems.

Now I've got to find an engineer to take a look at it and the one LG put me onto is £20 just to look at it, and, it's not that close to my home either.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum