Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: How to incorporate on-line ordering into a site  (Read 2442 times)

-Minter-

How to incorporate on-line ordering into a site
« on: March 21, 2006, 14:49 »
Hi peeps,

I'm currently creating the graphics side of the website for my new business venture.

Graphic Design is my bag. However everything else involved in website design like codeing etc..... is not my bag :blush:  :laugh:

Customers will order my products via the website ONLY, therefore I need to incorporate an easy to use order form & some way they can pay for the goods.

To kick off I will only be offering two products, of these two the customer may well order both & possibly more than one of each, so they will need to fill in a quantity & then the form / website should calculate the total cost.

I haven't a clue how to make this happen though :blush:  :roll:

Can anyone suggest something? :?

Secondly....

Paying for the goods. I had planned originaly to run all transactions through PayPal but with them charging me 4% on every transaction it's a sizable slice out of my profit every time. Not a clue how this sort of thing should link up with my website but I do know I need to sort something out.

Any help is much appreciated :wink:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006, 18:36 »
There are products like VeriSign and Proxt, which provide secure online transaction packages, but I don't think they are free.  I would have suggested PayPal or NoChex.  You could always add 4% to your prices, or to the shipping costs, to cover the PayPal fees.  That's what most people on eBay do.  ;)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Hiatus

• JoshSalverda.com
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 04:54 »
You can probably code it using php and mysql... just need to make sure everything is encrypted and secure. You might even be able to find the code if you google it.

If you don't know much, or anything, about php then you should probably take simon's suggestion of either using a free service or adding the 4% to the prices...
l33t h@x0r... sort of...

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2006, 23:32 »
also once you start coding you have to start worrying about security and cc processing fees. What simon suggested are good and i have interfaced, well tested with nochex before
- sam | @starrydude --

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum