Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: DNS settings  (Read 2583 times)

Offline DJ

• Established Member
DNS settings
« on: April 04, 2006, 19:37 »
Hi All,

I have a domain name registered with a provider (oneandone.co.uk).

I want this to point to my ISPs webspace (Force9).

I have edited the DNS settings through the oneandone control panel, as described in the Force9 user pages.

Does this now mean, that when I enter my domain - it will go automatically to my ISPs webspace? It doesn't at the moment, but has been only 3 hours since I changed it - do I need to give it 24 hours to propergate?  Or do I also need to change another setting?

Thanks

DJ

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
DNS settings
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 20:16 »
It can take up to 24 hours, DJ.  have you changed the Name Servers?  Or is that the same as setting the DNS?  Can't quite remember now, only done it once or twice.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline DJ

• Established Member
DNS settings
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2006, 21:11 »
Think DNS and Name server is the same thing? (not sure though - first time I've dabbled in this!).

Only thing that is confusing me is that the option to redirect the domain is still there.

Suppose time will tell  :wink:

DJ

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
DNS settings
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2006, 22:51 »
We are with 123-reg.co.uk, and there are definitely two different facilities for DNS settings and Name Servers, DJ, so I think you may find you will need to do both.  When we switched to Pipex Web Fusion, they were really quick, as the domain was registered with their sister company.  Sadly, it all went downhill from there on!   :laugh:
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum