Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Major Software Update  (Read 2936 times)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Major Software Update
« on: April 09, 2006, 12:48 »
A major software update was implemented by Sam yesterday and apart from a few minor bugs that have now been fixed, it all went seamlessly.

Offline sam

• Administrator
Major Software Update
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2006, 12:53 »
If you notice anything a miss please contact us. Or post a comment here.
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
Major Software Update
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2006, 13:21 »
I had some problems logging on yesterday, but Sandra sorted them out for me.  It's a good job she's around to keep the forum running smoothly when others decide to tinker with it.

:whistle:

Gill
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Offline sam

• Administrator
Major Software Update
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2006, 13:27 »
what login issues did you have yesterday and when?? It is possible it was during the 3 hours (  :shock: ) it took for the update to be installed. Was it anything major, just there are some bugs in the current phpbb and so I really need to know everything that is going wrong.. which is a little annoying but all user feedback is needed.. for once, I normally just ignore it! lol
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Major Software Update
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2006, 14:12 »
It coincidentally cleared itself Sam, during mine and Gills emails discussing how to get her logged in.
It was around the time it was coming up with some message about clearing some folders or something  :?

Seemed ok soon after that message appeared.

Offline sam

• Administrator
Major Software Update
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2006, 14:23 »
what time was that? I dont recall any messages like that but then again it could have been whilst the system was running the database task and I was thoroughly concentrating on that. Anyway looks like it was probably related to that and not an ongoing issue, which is fine. Cool, thanks.
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Major Software Update
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2006, 14:35 »
It was from just after 1am and sorted by around 1-30am Sam, according to my emails.

Offline sam

• Administrator
Major Software Update
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2006, 14:36 »
last night / this morning? Yep that would have been when I was doing the last part of it.
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Major Software Update
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2006, 17:25 »
It may be worth remembering that when there is a new software update, a new cookie is set, which means logging in again for those who allow the stored cookie.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum