Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: iframe  (Read 3238 times)

Offline Hiatus

• JoshSalverda.com
iframe
« on: April 22, 2006, 21:50 »
I'm trying to find a way of making an iframe-like text area without actually using an iframe. I can't use an iframe because I'm not actually referencing a webpage, I just need a text area that can have scrollbars and can still render html. I don't know if that makes any sense. I might be able to explain it better later, right now my mind is all over the place... anyways, any help is appreciated... thanks
l33t h@x0r... sort of...

Offline sam

• Administrator
iframe
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2006, 21:55 »
couldn't you just use a normal frame??
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Hiatus

• JoshSalverda.com
iframe
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2006, 21:56 »
Ok, nevermind... I can't believe how simple that was. I just found a site that said to add "overflow: auto;" to the div tag style, which worked perfectly... I didn't know a div could do that... :shock:
l33t h@x0r... sort of...

Offline Hiatus

• JoshSalverda.com
iframe
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2006, 21:58 »
Quote from: "sam"
couldn't you just use a normal frame??

I was reading up on frames, but I wasn't sure if I could add a scrollbar to them. I don't know... never used frames before and not about to start, lol... thanks tho.
l33t h@x0r... sort of...

Offline sam

• Administrator
iframe
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2006, 22:01 »
I don't use them, but this is the whole point of them... and where I iframes came from. Personally I would avoid using both since having a scrollable area within a webpage is always messy. I can't offer you an other suggests really to do this and I'm not sure if there is another way, I bet there is though just something I personally have never looked at or dreamed of doing... well apart from in menu boxes and text areas.
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline sam

• Administrator
iframe
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2006, 22:02 »
oh ok, I did a quick search and came up with your solution... cool. And nor did I!
- sam | @starrydude --

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum