Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: SLED 10  (Read 3237 times)

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
SLED 10
« on: June 17, 2006, 16:11 »
Has anyone tried SLED 10 yet?  I've seen one report that rates it more highly than Ubuntu.
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
SLED 10
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 15:45 »
Sam is going to be the guy to answer that Gill.  Since it's the weekend he is away from his computer but I'm sure he will reply when he returns.  8-)

Offline sam

• Administrator
SLED 10
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 18:12 »
clive... yep you are right, just got back from the gf's after being at hyde park, the foo fighters with during their encore a guest appearance by queen's brian may and their drummer (I cant remember the dudes name)

gill... umm SLED 10 - I wasn't sure what you meant to be honest at first! But then I realised it was just an abrrv. I do like SUSE, I have liked it for a while but you can't boot it from a cd as easliy as ubuntu, you might have to install it. You, as a person, also probably wont need the enterprise version of SUSE. SUSE does look and feel a bit more windows esque but I wouldnt use that a reason to use it. One big reason why I didnt use it was you used to have to pay for it... well... but it actually cost and I didnt like that idea. I just noticed you can get a live dvd version. I think you will probably get on with this better than ubuntun, in a sense it is more like what you will be used to but it does somewhat hide some of the nice cool features of a good linux distribution. In short, give it a go, worth a shot. In the end you will find one you particularly like and stay with it... or you wont and you will use multiple ones. I vary between, ubuntu, kubuntu, fedora and straight Debian. Hope this is of help.
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
SLED 10
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 19:00 »
Thanks Sam :) .

I'll keep my options open on this one.

Gill
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
SLED 10
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2006, 20:54 »
Quote from: "sam"
clive... yep you are right, just got back from the gf's after being at hyde park, the foo fighters with during their encore a guest appearance by queen's brian may and their drummer (I cant remember the dudes name)

Cool!  The drummer is Roger Taylor.  What did they play?
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline sam

• Administrator
SLED 10
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2006, 22:31 »
We Will Rock You? and ?Tie Your Mother Down'

unbelievable! I was just gobsmacked! :-)
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
SLED 10
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2006, 23:12 »
Indeed!
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline sam

• Administrator
SLED 10
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2006, 00:49 »
bit of a set write up can be found: http://www.nme.com/news/foo-fighters/23362
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline sam

• Administrator
SLED 10
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2006, 00:51 »
As for Suse - bit of a review for v10.0 LINK
- sam | @starrydude --