Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: The Omen 2006  (Read 1133 times)

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
The Omen 2006
« on: July 10, 2006, 18:35 »
I would not recommend this movie which does not compare to the Gregory Peck version.

The acting was reasonable but I couldn't help from comparing everybody to the original actors.  The little boy who played Damien even wasn't as believable.

The movie stuck more or less to the original script apart for the scene in the graveyard.  The dogs were obviously computer generated and didn't live up to the previous version at all.

Overall, I would avoid this movie.  If you want to see the Omen, I would watch the first version which was a much superior film.
http://dinah.www.idnet.com/chrisisaac.swf

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
The Omen 2006
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 20:32 »
I am sceptical about most remakes, and there have only been a handful which are any good.  Cape Fear, The Thing, The Fly, and The Hills Have Eyes spring to mind as good ones.  I didn't hold out much hope for this one, and you have confirmed my expectations, Lona.

Incidentally, The Omen (1976) has just come out on a revamped DVD.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
The Omen 2006
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006, 21:29 »
Thanks for confirming my suspicions, Lona.  I doubted the re-make would compare favourably to the original.

Gill
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Offline gmax

• Established Member
The Omen 2006
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2006, 07:10 »
I enjoyed the original "Omen ", i have no desire to watch a "remake" :?

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum