Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: "Server Reset" message  (Read 954 times)

Offline castro

"Server Reset" message
« on: July 23, 2006, 15:58 »
I have recently installed Comodo Personal Firewall after using Sygate. Since the installation, I have been receiving an error message:
"The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading."
The browser I use is Firefox.
Is this a known problem and if so is it possible to fix it.
I suppose that as a test I could switch Comodo off and switch on Windows Fire Wall. How safe would this be?

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
"Server Reset" message
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2006, 17:30 »
I'm not familiar with Comodo, but I would assume there is a Programs List somewhere, where you can allow or block programs from accessing the network.  It sounds like Firefox has somehow been blocked, so you need to find that list, probably in the Options somewhere, and allow Firefox to access.

It might also be worth checking the other Comodo settings, as if you have the security level set too high, this may prevent genuine programs from access the network, unless you specifically allow them - which might be a pain.

Windows Firewall is fine as a temporary measure, but it only monitors incoming traffic, so is not as secure as a stand alone firewall, which monitors traffic both ways.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum