Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Run Mac OS X on a PC  (Read 1902 times)

Offline sam

• Administrator
Run Mac OS X on a PC
« on: November 06, 2006, 14:50 »
People have long wanted to run the Mac OS operating system on PC hardware, specifically on Intel and AMD architectures. But despite pleas and prayers, that wish remains unfulfilled.

Although running Mac OS natively on PC hardware is not possible, there is another option--running Mac OS X on an emulator. In this article, I will show you how to install and run Mac OS X Panther on your PC using PearPC, a free, architecture-independent PowerPC platform that runs on PCs. To check out PearPC's features, go to the PearPC-PowerPC Architecture Emulator web site.

Here are the steps you'll take to use PearPC to install Mac OS X:

1. Download the PearPC PowerPC Architecture Emulator.
   2. Obtain hard disk images for use with PearPC.
   3. Obtain images of your client OS installation disk.
   4. Configure PearPC to use the hard disk image and the OS images.

Find the whole article... here

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO FOLLOW THE GUIDE WITHOUT SOME DECENT KNOWLEDGE OF BOTH OPERATING SYSTEMS
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline sam

• Administrator
Re: Run Mac OS X on a PC
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 14:53 »
A couple of other intereting links on how to do this (I have every intention of trying to do this soon, so if I do get around to it I'll let you know the results)....

OSx86 Project - http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

Welcome to the OSx86 Project - the undisputed leader in information regarding OS X on x86 hardware and Apple's Intel transition. Open since 2005, the OSx86 Project offers users a place to trade and share information about OSx86 and the various hardware needed to run it; a virtual Wikipedia of OSx86 resources.

PowerPC Architecture Emulator - http://pearpc.sourceforge.net
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline sam

• Administrator
Install OSX Tiger on Intel Machines (or USB Drives) Using Only Windows Software

Many of the guides for installing OSX Tiger are complicated and use linux. You can install OSX using public-domain free windows only tools.

If you wish to install OSX tiger to your intel machine or usb drive, you can follow these few steps. Be careful because you can kill your hard drive if you are not careful.

LINK

- sam | @starrydude --

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum