Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Natural World  (Read 1784 times)

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Natural World
« on: November 09, 2006, 13:11 »
Did anyone see last nights programme on BBC2, "The bear man of Kamchatka" ?

I often moan about the TV licence fee I have to pay as I feel that the BBC waste a lot of money with all their soaps and crap reality shows but I thought that programme was fascinating.
The old guy was an amazing individual.

If you didnt see it and its ever repeated, watch and enjoy it.

If the BBC would make and show more programmes like that and less of their usual crap then I dont think as many people would be complaining about the cost of the TV licence as they do now.

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Re: Natural World
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2006, 14:37 »
I saw the advert for it Sandra.  Unfortunately I'm not in charge of the remote.   :(

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2006, 16:34 »
Its being repeated at 6-10pm on BBC 2 this evening Clive, if Mrs. Clive will let you watch it  :)

Also The Who are on BBC 1 at 10-55pm, its the from the closing night of the BBC Electric Proms last month  :)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2006, 16:48 »
Antiques Roadshow and Heartbeat will trump that Sandra.  I don't stand a chance!  I may get to see it from 9 pm though!   8-)  But it will eventually be screened on Discovery or another satellite channel and I will watch it then.  Something that good will have dozens of airings.  Thanks for the heads up.   ;)

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2006, 00:07 »
Thw Who, as always were excellent  :)

I wonder how many of todays new bands will still be playing to such a big audience in another 40 years, even if anyone remembers them at all  ::)

I dont really agree with knighthoods and such but I must admit that Sir Roger Daltrey and Sir Peter Townshend have a nice ring to it and they deserve it a lot more than Bob Geldof and a lot of others who arent worthy to share the same stage as those two  :)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2006, 08:10 »
Apparently, Daltry and Townsend don't actually get on anymore, since PT's alleged 'indiscretions' on the internet.  I wonder what happened to that book he was researching?  :dunno:
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Clive

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2006, 08:33 »
Yes, the Who were absolutely fantastic!  The crowd shouts out for more! I wish I'd managed to get to see them back in the 60's when I used to go to all the concerts.  I was lucky enough to see lots of the big stars but the Who eluded me.  I'm afraid that I didn't get to see the bear programme. 

Offline mistybear

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2006, 13:05 »
I dont really agree with knighthoods and such but I must admit that Sir Roger Daltrey and Sir Peter Townshend have a nice ring to it and they deserve it a lot more than Bob Geldof and a lot of others who arent worthy to share the same stage as those two  :)

I don't know about Geldof's music, but he has done a lot of other things. I have been watching his series Geldof in Africa and I have been quite impressed. Maybe because I share his passion about Africa, it is the most beautiful continent on earth, and probably the saddest. :(
Those who can make you believe absurdities,
can make you commit atrocities.

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2006, 13:56 »
I dont know if hes really helping Africa or not MB.

Helping to raise lots of money to give to the corrupt rulers of the African nations doesnt really help the average person who really needs it.
It perpetuates the situation by allowing the various governments to buy arms in order to make war on each other .
Nothing seems to get through to the needy people but all the rulers seem to have lots of houses and a very high standard of living.

The only way to help Africa is to stop selling them weapons, stop giving their corrupt governments vast amounts of money and to offer them birth control and sterilisation to limit the population to the size of one that they can feed themselves.

Offline Clive

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2006, 14:04 »
Radical thinking Sandra.  I like it!  I deal with a number of African countries and bribery and corruption is a way of life for them. 

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum