Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: MACs must be provided for free  (Read 6055 times)

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Re: MACs must be provided for free
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2007, 00:22 »
Re the title of this thread.
Dont all you dirty old men get your brown macs provided free already by the sheep fanciers or whichever pervy organisation you belong to  :dunno:

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2007, 09:31 »
My subscription entitles me to a free pair of wellies each year.  ;D

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2007, 14:09 »
Breatheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Biscit customers sold?

Posted by David Meyer

The eminently readable ISP Review site has "reliable sources" claiming that Biscit's remaining customer base has been sold on to Breathe Internet - not that Biscit's site mentions this at the moment (well, it has been frozen in time since December last year, thus missing quite a lot of,er, less positive developments).

One interesting aspect of the story was the quoted number of customers - 12,500 - a far cry from the 30,000 which Biscit was generally believed to have had. Ah well, rodents, sinking ship etc.

Looks like I'm one of the Rats  :o

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2007, 19:06 »

The TITle on the register sums it all up Tits up  :laugh:

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2007, 19:04 »
V21/Biscit have now been bought by Breathe pleased for the ones that got caught up in this fiasco.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2007, 19:57 »
I will be interested to see how this turns out.  Breathe are one of the providers I am looking at, as an alternative to Pipex.  Unfortunately, the website seems a little sparse of information, as to what is included in the Broadband packages.  Is webspace provide?  How many email accounts do you get?  Is the uncapped service truly unlimited, or do they throttle P2P ports?
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2007, 21:26 »
Si, have a read of This on Breathe , Hope this helps on making your mind up, I decided to go with BT option 3. it may be more expensive but you only get what you pay for in the end.

Terry

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2007, 21:30 »
Weren't a lot of people caught by Breathe a few years back?   >:(

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2007, 23:31 »
Si, have a read of This on Breathe , Hope this helps on making your mind up...
Terry

Thanks for that, Terry.  I don't think I will be jumping in just yet!  Nice to see the CEO coming to the wicket though.  ;)

Weren't a lot of people caught by Breathe a few years back?   >:(

I think they have had several shake ups, Clive.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2007, 17:19 »
Do you really want to pay £69 to migrate  :ack:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2007, 17:40 »
That's only on the cheaper package, Terry.  If anything, I would have gone for the 'Silver' £17.99 deal, which offers free migration.

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2007, 18:21 »
Sorry Si.. you must have changed over the years  >:-)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2007, 20:58 »
:bartmoon:

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2007, 17:16 »
More Trouble for V21/Biscit broadband members.

Breathe's Chief Executive Officer, Marcus East, has issued a further status update on the Biscit customer migration situation. It would appear as if some delays at BT's end are holding up the process:

Here is an update on the latest discussions regarding Biscit/V21.

1. BT has not yet agreed to start the migration of Biscit/V21's customers to our network, and so there are ongoing discussions that will run into tomorrow.

2. Because of this, we cannot take over the provision of services yet.

3. We have made BT and Biscit management aware of a number of network issues related to connectivity / mail services, and they are 'dealing' with them.

4. Unfortunately, as we still do not have direct control of the customers or services, we cannot take any action and must wait to be updated by BT and Biscit on those.

As soon as I learn more, I will post the information here and on our website.

East has also been busy answering a lot of customer concerns in our Biscit (V21) forum (here), which is a difficult task and due credit must be given for his continued efforts and presence.

Elsewhere, 186k's Dominic Marrocco has issued a press release explaining how his provider made a £2m offer to "rescue" Biscit's ex-customers, which was rejected:

Dominic Marrocco, Internet entrepreneur and owner of the rapidly growing ISP 186k Limited, sounded grave concerns over the slim chances of Biscit?s creditors actually being paid off in full.

?We made a formal offer of £2m to the company?s administrators and outlined a plan that would keep its users online with no disruption to their services, but that was ?stone-walled? by all of those involved.?

?Our offer would have provided the best outcome for its many creditors, keeping everything under one roof with further cash readily available to move it forward, but it seems the administrators have taken the ?hack-up and hive-off? route instead.

?Creditors beware,? warned Marrocco.

Over the last 12 months many companies in the sector have hit financial problems and disappeared without trace, leaving thousands of customers in limbo with no service and ? in a majority of cases - out of pocket.

?We?ve had a lot of experience at dealing with the aftermath left behind following the demise of troubled Internet providers. Even in the case of V21, whose legacy might have been the beginning of how Biscit crumbled, saw many thousands of users rescued at the last minute by our lifeline.?

Marrocco?s 186k Limited is already in advanced acquisition talks with household names in the Internet sector, and having just concluded a substantial deal worth around £20m with Iomart plc, one of the UK?s leading datacentre and hosting solution providers to build a huge national datacentre resource, the company is now boasting a stacked cash-rich war chest to drive more consolidation through the sector.

Unfortunately many of those "rescued" through 186k's (EzeeDSL) previous efforts currently look upon the situation without applause. Complaints about poor customer support and service problems have continued to trickle in.

And from Breathe themselves Here
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 17:18 by TR »

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2007, 16:55 »
BT option 3 is still good Si, but have you tried Fast4 for ADSL My Son is on that ISP and hasnt had any problems yet.

My BT line is still on the up:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum