Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Cricket.  (Read 5229 times)

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Cricket.
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2007, 11:36 »
I know we like to make fun of blonds, especially drunken blonds, but after watching the highlights last night and the usual post-match denial from the England camp just how poor England are, the interviewer turned to a young blond in the crowd who was obviously taking celebrating Australia Day very seriously.

Her comments:

"England just cannot compete at the same level of us.  They keep telling us they can and they think they can, but they can't.  That is the reality of it".

Never were more truer words spoken.

Offline mistybear

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2007, 12:04 »
I was wondering why Australia doesn't have an Australia "A" side like we use to years ago, to compete with the touring side and the first Australian eleven. I heard the other day that it had to be stopped when the final was between the two Australian sides.
Those who can make you believe absurdities,
can make you commit atrocities.

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2007, 15:24 »
Returning to the topic of those who have lost a small fortune by England actually managing to win a match this winter, here is an absolute banker.

England cannot play one-day cricket.  In the forthcoming World Cup, they are drawn in Group C with New Zealand and the minnows Kenya and Canada.  When they play Kenya and Canada, the odds that the bookies will be offering on a Kenya or Canada win will be at least 10-1.  England will lose at least one of those two matches, probably against Kenya.  So if we put and fiver on Kenya and Canada to beat England on the day, we will win at least £50 and possibly a minimum of £100 if England lose both, which is very possible.

Definitely worth a punt!  :)

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2007, 16:07 »
lol, shockingly it is worth a go!
- sam | @starrydude --

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum