Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Why Linux is better.  (Read 3588 times)

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Re: Why Linux is better.
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2007, 13:19 »
You can still only read from NTFS on a Linux system even with Samba at the moment cant you Sam ?

I still dont think that you can write to NTFS with it.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2007, 14:30 »
If you are interested in going further at all simon, it wouldnt hurt to use on of the bootup cds - this can be used on your normal windows machine and will not mess anything up - turn of the computer and viola windows is back. It would at least give you a feel about linux.

Yes, and I will do so as soon as I can find my PS2 keyboard, so that I can get into the BIOS to alter the boot sequence, so it will boot from the CD.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline davy51

• Loyal Member
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2007, 15:03 »
Samba will allow you to see your ntfs files and the hard drive they are on but i have yet to figure out how to use them there is a program that allows you to use them but i havent used it yet
but i cant get any exec file to run on linux yet

GillD that program will let you use aol but ubuntu doent have a lot of drivers included you have to go online to find them

My connexant internal modem i had to go online to download it in windows then install it in linux and it worked
Dave

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend

Albert Camus

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2007, 20:31 »
You can still only read from NTFS on a Linux system even with Samba at the moment cant you Sam ?

I still dont think that you can write to NTFS with it.

yes, i think you are right.
- sam | @starrydude --

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum