Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: The Police to reform for comeback tour  (Read 1049 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
The Police to reform for comeback tour
« on: February 13, 2007, 20:35 »
<h2>Police announce world tour plans</h2>Rock group The Police have announced plans for a "greatest hits" world tour from May, more than 20 years after recording their last studio album.  The first confirmed date on the tour is in Vancouver on 28 May.

Singer Sting described himself as "certifiably insane" for getting back together with guitarist Andy Summers and drummer Stewart Copeland.

The band drifted apart after releasing their album Synchronicity in 1983.

The tour will begin in North America and is expected to take in South America, Europe, Japan and New Zealand.

The Police will appear in the Canadian city of Vancouver on 28 May, and other confirmed locations include Toronto, New York, Boston, Seattle, Denver and Las Vegas.

Sting said it would be "three guys on stage, that's all", and promised the shows would "look simple but spectacular".

'Light bulb' moment

They performed their hit Message in a Bottle during a news conference at the Whisky A Go Go nightclub in West Hollywood, a day after playing at the Grammy Awards.

"I woke up one morning about three months ago," Sting said. "It's like a light bulb went off in my head.

"What's happening is, sort of, very healing," the 55-year-old added.

The group insisted that the disputes which led them to break up were artistic, rather than personal.

"The nature of the arguments were all about music. Also hairstyles," Sting joked.

Since the Police disbanded, Sting has had a successful solo career with eight studio albums.

The other two members have worked on various projects of their own, including film soundtracks and solo albums.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
Re: The Police to reform for comeback tour
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 20:43 »
Didn't like them first time round so can't see me liking them for a second time.  :P
http://dinah.www.idnet.com/chrisisaac.swf

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re: The Police to reform for comeback tour
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 21:05 »
I liked them when they first started, but I went off them in later years, when they lost the raw edge.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum