Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Pipex Broadband  (Read 8504 times)

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
Re: Pipex Broadband
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2007, 14:42 »
I guess your just one of the lucky ones-try moving back to Pipex, and see what happens!!!

:laugh:

I would never move back to Pipex on principal supposing the were the best on the net.  They way they treated their loyal customers was appalling
http://dinah.www.idnet.com/chrisisaac.swf

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Offline mistybear

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2007, 15:07 »
changing providers seems akin to trying to poke butter up a pigs arse, with a porcupine needle, 

:lol:
Those who can make you believe absurdities,
can make you commit atrocities.

Offline Delgado

• Established Member
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2007, 08:48 »
Just an update to this saga-

Having spoken to a guy in the cancellation dept of Pipex, who was most helpful might I add, I have reached a deal with Pipex.

As the reason for my changing was purely price, and my connection with Bulldog has been very solid for 12 months, they suggested I keep my phone package with Pipex, which I have also been happy with, and stay with Bulldog for broadband, and Pipex will apply a running credit on my account of £18 a month which will then result in my total cost of £29-99 for phone and broadband which I wanted in the first place! Bulldog is also owned by Pipex.

It would appear that Tiscali are having problems with BT about connections.

I have the guys name and extension, so if it goes tits up I will be back!!

:crazy: :crazy:
if you cant do something nice-do nothing!

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2007, 10:04 »
well done mate... you were lucky, sounds like you got through to the only competent person that they have on staff!
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2007, 11:18 »
Yes, you must have got the zoo keeper, rather than one of the monkeys.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline JK

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2007, 11:57 »
News item.
PIPEX may be broken up after the planned auction of the whole broadband business fell into disarray.

Originally BSkyB , Virgin Media, BT and The Carphone Warehouse were all said to be keen to pay as much as £470 million for Pipex, chaired by Peter Dubens.

But bidders vanished amid concerns about the valuation. Pipex's market value was £320 million on Friday.

The Carphone Warehouse last week said it was not interested in a deal, but with the price of the group's broadband subscribers alone collapsing to perhaps £100 million BT may once again consider acquiring Pipex's customers. Pipex said in December that it had 570,000 broadband subscribers and about one million phone customers, but analysts were concerned when results published this month did not provide an updated figure.

Pipex refused to comment.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2007, 19:05 »
Pipex refused to comment.

No surprise there.   >:(
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Delgado

• Established Member
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2007, 10:11 »
Well, here we are again. As expected its all gone "TITS UP"

Still being charged the same price as before!  When I phone up, I either cant get put through to the guy who I had before, or whoever I talk to dont seem to know who he is!!!

I have had numerous businesses in my life (Im now over 60) and I have never come across a company that is so poorly run. They promise to phone you back-never do! They dont answer e-mails! What the hell do they think they are running, a childs kindergarten!!!

I am sick to death of this company, and have e-mailed them and told them to cancel all dealings with them, and I will also move my phone business elsewhere!!!

Im looking for a broadband package with phone for about £30, anyone have any ideas?

I looked at Virgin Media, and as I dont have access to cable, found they also do a non cable package through your existing line, for about £20, but I dont know whether you have to pay BT for the line on top. Anyone here know much about Virgin?

There is also a package from Tiscali for about the same price, which includes a free line rent.

I want uncapped also.

Message for Pipex-   :bartmoon:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2007, 10:55 »
I can't offer any personal recommendations, as I have only ever used Pipex, but I would say that Tiscali have had their share of criticisms too, and regularly used to come first in the top 10 of most complained about providers on www.ispreview.co.uk.  Can't say if the situation has improved.

My cousin has been using http://www.plus.net/ for years, on dial up and had now upgraded to broadband.  I have had occasion to ring them on her behalf, and they have always answered the phone fairly quickly, and seem to have good knowledge of the system.  They offer a wide variety of packages, including with phone, and I wouldn't hesitate to suggest you at least click the above link, and check them out for yourself, DG.

Best of luck!  :)

Offline Delgado

• Established Member
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2007, 21:20 »
Thanks Simon-will look into this.

;D

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2007, 21:36 »
i use virgin at home and will be continuing with them when i move... so will find out how good they are with new customers, telewest used to be pretty good... oh I'm in a cable area so don't know about their non-cable services.
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Tony

• Loyal Member
    • http://www.sugrue.ndo.co.uk
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2007, 23:15 »

I cannot remember how many ISP's I have had, six or seven I think. But I then found this company

NDO back in 2003 and have been with them ever since. Their tech support [not that I needed it very often] is the best I have ever experienced. As I download financial data 5  days a week from 7.00am to 9.00pm continuously I need a reliable service. And when I moved house, the new ADSL line changeover and activation happened the day I move in. 
Athiesm is a non-prophet organization.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2007, 23:32 »
I have also looked at NDO / Namesco, Tony, but the big problem is that they only give you one email address, which just doesn't suit my needs.

Offline Delgado

• Established Member
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2007, 07:38 »
 I have decided to go with Virgin Media, and so far have been impressed with the service, although not connected yet.

I applied online and an hour after giving my details I had an e-mail with my log in info and my new e-mail address! I then had another e-mail telling me my line had been tested and my service should be live in 5-7 working days. I also have the choice of a free Netgear Router or a Virgin freeview TV Box. I chose the router because I already have Freeview.

On the same day I had an e-mail from Pipex saying that as I was leaving them and taking my phone business elsewhere, as they care about their customers, they would keep in touch with any future special offers!! I think they must have taken over from Bernard Manning, as the kings of comedy!!!

I will now get Broadband and Phone Services for £19-99 per month.

;D ;D

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2007, 09:02 »
good for you! I've been with virgin (telewest/ birmingham cable) for a very long time, we hardly have any problems with the BB and if there is a problem they normally send out an engineer (if it cant be fixed over the phone support) within a couple of days.  Since I'm moving out of my parents again at the end of the month I will be having Virign installed again but as a new customer - so hopefully it will also be nice and easy....
- sam | @starrydude --

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum