Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Forwarding e-mail problems  (Read 908 times)

Offline 900lloyd

Forwarding e-mail problems
« on: June 05, 2007, 02:55 »
I wrote before on this problem but am still at a loss. Using windows XP with Verizon FIOS. I had it wrong before when I wrote. I am using e-mail and more and my wife is using outlook express on hers. BOTH of us are having the same problem. When we try to forward an e-mail, the print completely changes to just black with standard print regardless of the size & color on the original. There are many capital A's with a small icon over them inserted throughout the mail, the spacing becomes erratic & there are lines with technical info like color, font, size etc all over the letter. I sometimes have to spend a long time editing out the garbage & even if I forward it to myself it doesn't have the same format as the original.
I just spent 2 hrs with Verizon and they couldn't help & suggested I contact Microsoft. They want an   arm & a leg just to start with the problem and no guarantee they can fix it. I would then have to do the same with my wife's computer which is just a year old. I'm about ready to scrap both computers, buy new ones & change providers & HOPE THAT will solve the problem. Any advice will be  appreciated

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Re: Forwarding e-mail problems
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 03:01 »
I dont think it will be anything to do with your ISP as they have already passed the mail you received through whatever would have changed it if it was their fault.

I would have a look in Tools/Options and change the rich text to plain text or the other way round or something like that and see if that sorts it out.

Offline 900lloyd

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 03:31 »
Sandra, when I go to e-mail & more/e-mail tools/options, I cannot find anyplace that mentions rich text or plain text to change. Since my wife is using a different program with outlook express & has the same problem even though her settings are all different from mine, I am lost as to what could be causing it. In addition, I have a second problem. When I start looking at different sites, either surfed or on my standard programs, the computer keeps locking up & the only way I can get out of it is to use ctrl,start and delete & then cancel the program I am on. I then have to start from scratch & it keeps doing it 75% of the time. I recently installed c cleaner at this site's suggestion and ran it. The second problem started after I did that. ?????

Offline Reno

• Established Member
  • ø¤º° bob °º¤ø
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 07:44 »
I personally don't use and don't recommend using outlook express. I never did like the idea of actually downloading my emails. Most people these days use webmail. If your ISP supports webmail i would suggest using it.

Outlook express mail settings:

Tools/ Options
Send tab
---> Mail Sending format at the bottom: switch to plain text.

I don't know if this will change the outcome. Again, its been my experience that email clients are for the birds.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum