Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: updates  (Read 947 times)

Offline Baz

• Established Member
updates
« on: August 10, 2007, 14:46 »
didnt know where to put this one

is it possible to get windoze updates while using firefox?

I keep getting the message  "you must be using Internet Explorer......blah de blah!!!!"

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re: updates
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 14:55 »
I don't think it's possible to download them manually, but you can set Windows Update to download automatically.  Go to Control Panel > Security Center, make sure Windows Updates is On, then click the Windows Updates link at the bottom, after which a new window should open.  Select the Automatic option, and that should do it.

Alternatively, you could try the IE View add-on for Firefox, which enables you to right click any webpage, and view it in IE.  Much as it says on the tin, really.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Baz

• Established Member
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 16:42 »
cheers Simon, 

not sure about this automagically stuff with windoze stuff..........but thats just me ;D ;D

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 17:45 »
I agree to a point about automatic updates, but M$ will force them on you sooner or later, so my theory is that if they are downloaded automatically, it saves a huge update at a later stage.  They are mostly security fixes, and I would rather have these, than possibly put my PC at risk by not having them.  All in all, M$ updates are usually relatively harmless.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Reno

• Established Member
  • ø¤º° bob °º¤ø
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007, 18:12 »

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum