Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: You've reached this page as the site you were trying to visit blocks Firefox  (Read 1485 times)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
"You've reached this page because the site you were trying to visit now blocks the FireFox browser". Because Firefox has endorsed and allowed the Ad Block Plus plug-in, which is "is an infringement of the rights of web site owners and developers," some folks aren't too happy. With links to How to Block Firefox, Firefox Myths, and The Firefox Cult.

LINK

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
I'm sure the Firefox developers will find a way round this, but in the meantime, are these sites really worth visiting anyway?
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
are these sites really worth visiting anyway?

Of course the sites showing Ewe of the month are worth viewing to Clive :sheep:

Offline Reno

• Established Member
  • ø¤º° bob °º¤ø
The internet wasn't originally created to reap ad revenue. Internet ads came about because unscrupulous people saw a new medium to bombard the public with. I bet these people would consider the act of using a popup blocker theft too. What a load of trash.

Offline mistybear

• Forum Fanatic
Those who can make you believe absurdities,
can make you commit atrocities.

Offline Baz

• Established Member
Im sure ive seen this posted recently on here or is it just me.

Or is it an old 'thing' thats just been stirred up again. sound familiar to me thats all. :)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Maybe you clicked on "recent posts" and didn't start at the beginning of the thread ermmm.   ;)

Offline Baz

• Established Member
 ;D ;D no no, ive definitely seen it before Clive
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 09:30 by ermmm »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Maybe on another forum, Baz?  ;)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Baz

• Established Member
could be yeah :)

Offline sam

• Administrator
no we had this recently... havent found it yet though..  but we did have it
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
I'm sure the Firefox developers will find a way round this, but in the meantime, are these sites really worth visiting anyway?

Well, I had a couple of these extensions installed and Firefox was crashing more often than a Kazakh internal passenger plane, so much so that I actually reverted to Opera and IE6 for a while.  Since I got rid of all extensions it hasn't crashed once and as Simon points out the sites with pesky ads usually aren't worth visiting at all.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum