Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: eBay purchases protected to £500  (Read 1023 times)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
eBay purchases protected to £500
« on: September 17, 2007, 15:33 »
Buying goods online is never 100 per cent risk-free, but popular auction site eBay has moved to protect its community by increasing buyer protection for purchases up to £500.

eBay and its online payments division, PayPal, has announced that if you are buying from a 'qualified seller', you can expect your money back if your goods don't arrive or are not as described, up to a value of £500.

To become a qualified seller in eBay, you need a 98 per cent postive feedback rating, and have at least 50 feedback points.

eBay is introducing the measure on the back of research from pollsters YouGov, which found that many online shoppers lack confidence when shopping online.

Of those who had reservations about online shopping, more than half thought they wouldn't be protected if there was a problem, and 45 per cent were concerned that the goods would not arrive at all.

"Knowing you're protected if things go wrong should be a basic requirement when shopping online," said Gareth Griffith of eBay.co.uk.

"Using PayPal will not only offer buyers the reassurance that their financial details will never be shared with anyone, but now they'll also be able to rest safe in the knowledge that protection is available in the rare instance that something goes wrong," he continued.

Back in May, eBay and PayPal introduced additional measures to protect buyers, offering protection for amounts up to £150 on any purchase made through PayPal, whether from a qualified seller or not.

PayPal was bought by eBay in 2002.

www.ebay.co.uk
www.paypal.co.uk

Offline Michelle

• Forum Fanatic
    • Techieminx
Re: eBay purchases protected to £500
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 17:49 »
Ohh I haven't had a notice about this?   Has anyone else?

Who pays the refund then, the seller or Paypal, it sounds like an insurance by Paypal but they don't say do they?

where was this Clive?

Out of all the things I've lost .......I miss my mind the most!!

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 18:12 »
Webuser magazine Michelle:  LINK

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 01:05 »
I knew about it Michelle. I think it officially started in June this year.  I will believe it when I try to do a refund  ::)
http://dinah.www.idnet.com/chrisisaac.swf

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Offline Michelle

• Forum Fanatic
    • Techieminx
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 21:42 »
hehe thats true, i did see something on the paypal website when I had a look but it was only up t0 £150 i think :dunno:
Out of all the things I've lost .......I miss my mind the most!!

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum