Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Indian Support Staff  (Read 1876 times)

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
Indian Support Staff
« on: October 22, 2007, 18:49 »
As some will know, I moved to Tiscali for my phone and internet service recently.  Everything went OK, in fact, I was transferred from Wanadoo and BT without even noticing it.

However, yesterday morning I got up and found I had no internet.  I picked up the phone and found that was dead too.  I went to my sister's, rang Tiscali technical support and was told that the exchange had a fault and an engineer would be sent out to look at it.  I had no sooner arrived home, when the police and fingerprint people came round and told me that while I was out watching the Rugby World Cup Final, some intruders had broken into my building and had cut all the telephone wires with a knife.  A sixteen year old girl had been caught in the building with the knife in her hand as the police had been watching her.

Therefore, I rang Tiscali, spoke to the same Indian oppo that I had spoken to from my sister's, and told him to cancel the engineer as there was nothing wrong at the exchange and I could fix the problem myself.  He didn't know what an "intruder" was - so I had to explain it in simple terms - and then continued to insist the exchange was f***ed!  Eventually, I had to ring Tiscali complaints centre to speak to someone who understands English.  They were very apologetic, described it as "embarrassing" and assured me that they would speak to the technical people and cancel the visit to the exchange.

Why, then, has the engineer just phoned me to say that he has checked the exchange, found nothing wrong, and will report his findings back to Tiscali?

I'm more of a technician than some Indian sat in a prefab in Delhi!   >:(

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Re: Indian Support Staff
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 19:04 »
Bloody hell Dave!  You have police in Chorley?  And they catch offenders red-handed?  How impressive is that?  We are all moving to Chorley!  :thumbs:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 19:22 »
It sounds like Tiscali have taken over Pipex's 'support' staff, as well as their customers.  Which is why I'm now with IDNet. 

What sort of pillock breaks in to a building just to cut the phone wires?  Unless she had something more sinister in mind.  Good on Chorley old bill for catching the little sh*t.  :icon_bobby:
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 00:48 »
Nice little jointing job there for someone. :(
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline Moreno

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2008, 23:00 »
Don't even start me on Indian support staff!

Offline JK

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 01:33 »
Yesterday I telephoned  PC world to check if an item was in stock. I looked in the phone book, instead of the local telephone number there was a 0870 one.
This was an Indian man who did not know were my local PC world was, Please give me your post code was his request. I said Chemlsford or Colchester, he did not have a clue. It now appears that PC world has joined the the lost causes of overseas call centres.

Offline davy51

• Loyal Member
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2008, 14:26 »
its getting so bad it funny anymore

We have the same problem in the US
try explaining anything to one of the support staff when you have a southern US accent lol

I had a cousin try she finally had to ask for someone that spoke english as a native language
Dave

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend

Albert Camus

Offline Baz

• Established Member
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2008, 14:37 »
cant remember who I was with at the time but the same happened to me with car insurance. I had to call them for something and sure enough got the Indian department, think the guys name was Peter  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: anyway to cut the story quickly, I spent nearly fifteen minutes going through all my details twice as he couldnt understand me nor me him, and nearly ended up buying something I didnt want. Gave up in the end but them had trouble trying to explain that it didnt matter and I would call another day.

I found out later, when I did manage to get the uk office, that they direct all the calls overseas at the weekend ???  OK so now I know if I need them again to take time off work and call through the week. Went to another company after that.

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2008, 16:24 »
there is nowt wrong with the support staff here...
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2008, 16:30 »
there is nowt wrong with the support staff here...

I bet they all come from the UK!  ;D
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum