Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Tesco Wine Sale  (Read 16027 times)

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
Re: Tesco Wine Sale
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2007, 12:06 »
Trouble is, if I buy stuff too early, I eat it before Christmas, and end up having to go in a again when it's busy as hell.

I have the same problem, Simon. Once it's in the house, it's fair game...  :yeaah:
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline Serenity

• Loyal Member
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2007, 12:13 »
I'm debating on getting 2 cases of Jacob's Creek Rose. love the taste  but its still £6 odd a bottle after the special offer which is a bit pricey  :dunno:  if anyone hears of this wine a lot cheaper,  giz a shout  :thumb:

Offline Camstop

• Loyal Member
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2007, 14:16 »
If you enter the £15 off £50 spend code: XX-H96S into the link in no2 in the review & conformation page of the check-out then that brings it to £62.52 including delivery, £5.21 per bottle delivered. The only difference from the last deal is they were giving free delivery (£5) but that's not on at the moment.

It's £8.49 a bottle in Morrisons and £7.49 per bottle normally in Tescos and i doubt you could get it cheaper this side of Christmas  :dunno:

The £15 off code expires 24/11/07

:icon_booze2:

Offline Serenity

• Loyal Member
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2007, 14:36 »
Thank's Cammy :hatoff:   ah well I guess my staff are worth it so I may give it a whirl   :thumb:

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2007, 14:42 »
:aarrgh:  The temptation is great, but I already have sooo many bottles of wine it's getting ridiculous!  Still....   :leer:

Send me up all your Merlot and I'll dispose of it for you, Simon.
http://dinah.www.idnet.com/chrisisaac.swf

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2007, 14:52 »
Funnily enough, Merlot isn't one that I usually buy, Lona.  I'm into Bordeaux, Beaujolais and Aussie Shiraz at the moment, but my favourite is still Châteauneuf-du-Pape.

:drink:
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2007, 14:54 »
You guys must make your wives and mothers very proud......... ;)  ;D

Bargain hunting is part of the British way of life MB.  Cammy is the world expert!   ;D

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2007, 15:23 »
Funnily enough, Merlot isn't one that I usually buy, Lona.  I'm into Bordeaux, Beaujolais and Aussie Shiraz at the moment, but my favourite is still Châteauneuf-du-Pape.

:drink:

Châteauneuf-du-Pape is one of my favourites too. I only buy it on special occasions though as it's so expensive.

Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2007, 15:26 »
I see Tesco have a Wine sale on with 25% or more off... http://www.tesco.com/winestore    (Offer ends 25/11/07)

You can also try the one of the following codes.

£15 off a £50 spend at Tesco Wines       XX-H96S  ( Expires; 24/11/2007)

£10 off a £50 spend at Tesco Wines      XX-T93C   ( Expires: 26/11/2007)

Just put my order in Cammy as I had another voucher for an Additional £3 off.

Here's somemore vouchers for anyone who might to buy some wine for Xmas

£5 off (no Minimum) XX-T23K - exp 18/11/07
£10 off a £50 Spend (12 Bottles wine) XX-T93C - exp 26/11/07
£10 off a £50 Spend (12 Bottles wine) XX-T64D- exp 26/11/07
£15 off £50 spend XX-R32V - exp 18/11/07
£15 off £50 spend XX-H96S - exp 02/12/07

:icon_booze2:

Offline Serenity

• Loyal Member
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2007, 17:28 »
Have you guy's tasted  La Chasse du Pape? it has to be my favourite red wine to date.  I wonder if it is similar to Châteauneuf-du-Pape  :dunno:   I will need to buy a bottle to compare.   

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2007, 17:45 »
Can't see it being the same Serenity. La Chasse du Pape is a cote de rhone. The nearest I've found to Châteauneuf-du-Pape is Nuit St George but that costs and arm and a leg. 

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2007, 18:04 »
I haven't tasted La Chasse du Pape Serenity although I did once have a bottle of Nuit St George back in the '70's.  I can, however, confirm that the Rioja which Tesco is selling for £4 a bottle is very very good.  I suppose I might have to get in a further supply just in case we have a bad winter.   ;D

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2007, 18:07 »
Have you guy's tasted  La Chasse du Pape? it has to be my favourite red wine to date.  I wonder if it is similar to Châteauneuf-du-Pape  :dunno:   I will need to buy a bottle to compare.   

Yes, I like La Chasse du Pape too!!  It's one of the cases I've ordered from the Tesco's offer.  I suppose it depends on how discerning a palette you have, but I didn't find it totally dissimilar to Chateauneuf, although I haven't tasted them side by side.  It's certainly very enjoyable, Bev, if you like full flavoured deep reds.

Châteauneuf-du-Pape is one of my favourites too. I only buy it on special occasions though as it's so expensive.

Yes, it's still quite dear even with the offer.  I have a couple of bottles over from last year, so I will enjoy those over Christmas.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2007, 18:10 »
I haven't tasted La Chasse du Pape Serenity although I did once have a bottle of Nuit St George back in the '70's.  I can, however, confirm that the Rioja which Tesco is selling for £4 a bottle is very very good.  I suppose I might have to get in a further supply just in case we have a bad winter.   ;D

I'm going to have to try this Rioja, as someone else also recommended it.  I think I've been put off Spanish wines, because I had a really rank bottle of something or other last year, and haven't gone near Spanish since.

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2007, 18:25 »
Are you sure that wasn't Spanish Fly, Simon?  :evilban:
Slainthe!

Rik

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum