Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: PS3  (Read 2366 times)

Offline Baz

• Established Member
PS3
« on: December 31, 2007, 09:49 »
do you have a section for PS3 games and styff?

anyway I wondered if anyone could help with this. got my son a PS3 for xmas and he says there is the ability to get online with it. it connects ok but he keeps getting a message saying that an update is needed, we say ok and let it get on with it but it takes absolutely ages then just stops giving a failed message or similar. Now I dont know enough about this and the previous consoles didnt do that so does any one have ideas about what to do. is this update actually needed? what is it? there is never a message saying what you sre updating just that its needed.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re: PS3
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 12:08 »
We don't have a specific section for gaming hardware, but here will do, Baz.

Unfortunately, I know as much about PS3 as I do about Neutron Physics, so I'm not going to be of any help, but I would imagine Sam might be when he pops in again.  How does the unit connect to get 'online'?  Is it via the PC, or a direct connection to the phone line?
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Baz

• Established Member
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 12:27 »
Thanks Simon.

Well we have a wireless network here and my son has a system in his room connected wireless to the router downstairs, the router is hardwired to the 'puter downstairs. The PS3 connects wireless too. I can see the PS3 in the router pages, well it has a MAC addy so I duess thats it I just havent gave it a name yet  :)

Offline mistybear

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 12:28 »
ps3 has it's own forum, so this may help. This is the error code thread.

http://community.eu.playstation.com/showthread.php?t=70652
Those who can make you believe absurdities,
can make you commit atrocities.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2007, 14:07 »
Thanks Simon.

Well we have a wireless network here and my son has a system in his room connected wireless to the router downstairs, the router is hardwired to the 'puter downstairs. The PS3 connects wireless too. I can see the PS3 in the router pages, well it has a MAC addy so I duess thats it I just havent gave it a name yet  :)

You might also have to give it specific permission through any firewalls along the way, Baz.  :)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum