Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Messing around with Ubuntu  (Read 1646 times)

Offline sam

• Administrator
Messing around with Ubuntu
« on: April 07, 2008, 22:55 »
Complete self promotion here.. something I wrote for my blog that I thought might be interesting to you all (well those of you who are thinking of playing with ubuntu) and its a bit too big to just post... so... http://www.krioma.net/blog/2008/04/messing_about_with_ubuntu.php
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re: Messing around with Ubuntu
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 09:34 »
I'm sure it's fascinating, Sam.  It's a shame we don't have a few Linux buddies for you on here.   :bawl:
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 10:30 »
oh dont worry, there are enough of them in my research group :-D I mostly posted the link as a reference for myself if anyone ever asks a question about it.
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 14:00 »
I'm very interested in seeing the latest Ubuntu developments even though I don't use it, so thank you Sam for a very nicely written and informative article.

I wasn't aware of how many video editing programmes are now available in Open Source.  That's very encouraging, especially with the arrival of MythTV.
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 21:56 »
here is a video of how to get windows running inside ubuntu... nice follow on to my long list above.. http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/run-windows-xp-ubuntu-virtualbox
- sam | @starrydude --

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum