Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: DVD-rw  (Read 5481 times)

Offline nilsatis

DVD-rw
« on: April 22, 2008, 13:14 »
Hi all,

I have a couple of dvd-rws with 100 albums on them, I want to copy them and burn them individually onto cd, I have tried on my media player and it wont do it, any help would be most welcome.

Andy

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re: DVD-rw
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 13:21 »
Hi Andy,

You need to contest them to audio files, which most CD burning software, such as Nero, should be able to do.  What burning program are you using?
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline nilsatis

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 13:22 »
Hi Simon, Im just using media player 11 at the moment, Im not online at home at the moment

Andy

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 13:22 »
Sorry, contest = convert.  Bloody predictive text!  ;)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 13:24 »
Neither am I Andy!  I thought Windows Media Player should do it.  Are you getting an error of some sort?

Offline nilsatis

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 13:28 »
It will play through the player but wont rip, I also have roxio(?) that will copy it but will only burn to another dvd

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008, 14:10 »
Roxio should also do it, unless I'm missing something.  I'll have a look when I get home, but I expect someone else will answer before then.

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2008, 14:26 »
wait a second, so are the files in mp3 format??
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline nilsatis

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2008, 16:00 »
yes mp3

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2008, 16:27 »
so can't you just copy them over you your machine via the file browser and then burn them off?
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline nilsatis

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2008, 16:35 »
file browser???

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2008, 16:56 »
Right, it's a long time since I've used Roxio, but you should be able to open it up so that you can browse for files, or add files to a list for burning.  In Nero, it's like a folder tree window, so you would navigate to the drive the DVD is in, double click it, and the files should then appear as a list.  You then select from the list, the files you want to burn, and drag them to the 'burn' window.  I'm sure Roxio must have a similar system.  Oh wait, doesn't it have a little drag and drop basket in the system tray (by your clock)?  You might be able to do it that way, but I don't think you can do a direct copy from a DVD to a CD without using some sort of process like that, as you need to convert the MP3 files to Audio files, or they will just copy as MP3s again, which isn't what you want, is it?

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2008, 17:01 »
Andy, I think this may help.  It may not be precise, but it will give you an idea of what you need to do:

http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/Creator/EE7000029?set-locale=en

Oh, and you probably need to change a setting to burn a CD rather than a DVD.  :)

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2008, 17:02 »
in windows.. does it give you the option to just view the files? If so you could just drag them to your computer and burn them from there.
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2008, 17:06 »
sorry I think I'm missing the point, are you trying to make an audio cd from mp3s then? or just copy them to another disk?
- sam | @starrydude --

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum