Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: DVD-rw  (Read 5502 times)

Online Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re: DVD-rw
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2008, 17:12 »
Hi all,

I have a couple of dvd-rws with 100 albums on them, I want to copy them and burn them individually onto cd, I have tried on my media player and it wont do it, any help would be most welcome.

Andy

I think Andy wants to convert the MP3s on the DVD-RWs, to 100 separate CDs, Sam.  That's how I understood the question anyway.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2008, 17:51 »
ok, but copying all the individual tracks to the local hard disk first might be a good idea...
- sam | @starrydude --

Online Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2008, 18:36 »
Indeed, but using the usual methods within Roxio, he shouldn't need to.  :)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2008, 19:05 »
but surely that only works if you have more than one disc drive, maybe I'm completely not understanding how roxio works, I've never used it.
- sam | @starrydude --

Online Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2008, 23:38 »
With Roxio, you can 'drag and drop' files into a 'burn basket'.  It's not called that, but I can't remember what it is called now, but I'm not sure if that would give the option to burn as Audio.  You would only need one disc drive, as the files are stored in the 'burn basket' on your hard drive, ready for burning.

I think we may be distracting the issue, and probably getting it all wrong as well!  ;D  Hopefully Andy will come back to us and clarify exactly what the problem is.  :)

Offline nilsatis

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2008, 12:12 »
Thanks guys, heres the story.
If I put the dvd into my pc it will play all of the tracks on my media player, but it will not copy them.
If I use Roxio, it will copy them for burning but will only burn onto a dvd not a cd.
I have tried various ways to copy the dvds onto my pc but with no luck, the files are mp3, and Simon is correct I want to make individual cds of each album. 

Andy

Online Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2008, 12:38 »
Hi Andy,

You should still be able to browse to the DVD drive in Roxio, and select files to burn to a CD.  Is there an initial option to 'Make an audio CD', or anything similar, when you open Roxio?  That would be a starting point.  Does the link I posted earlier help at all?

Offline nilsatis

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2008, 12:46 »
Not really Simon, I cannot get ther files onto my to burn them

Online Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2008, 12:55 »
OK, have you tried right clicking one of the files on the DVD and selecting Send To > CD/DVD Drive?  What happens then?  Not being funny, but I'm wondering if you're missing something blindingly obvious in Roxio, or that it's not working properly.  Don't worry, we've all been there and done that!  ;)  Do you have access to Nero at all?

Offline nilsatis

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2008, 12:57 »
Tried right clicking and the only option is add to playlist no send to option.
Im getting online this week and will sort Nero out then.

Online Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2008, 13:00 »
It does sound rather strange, Andy, as it should be a straightforward process.  That said, try networking two PCs!  ::)

Roxio does have a nasty habit of messing with your drives, so Nero may be an easier option.

Offline nilsatis

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2008, 13:02 »
Thanks Simon

Online Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2008, 13:05 »
Let us know how you get on, Andy.  :)

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum