Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Wii fit released...  (Read 2722 times)

Offline sam

• Administrator
Wii fit released...
« on: April 24, 2008, 20:34 »
.. mine was dispatched this afternoon from amazon, can't wait to get it!! ... maybe it will help me get fitter...  ':|

If you don't know what on earth I'm going on about then the best thing todo is look at the trailer from last years E3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oNVIcMnZh4

some more here:...http://blog.highposition.net/article/wii-fit-as-the-protector-of-gaming-rights/456205

Nintendo?s latest offering is hailed to be a revolution in the gaming industry, well at least by its creators. There is little doubt that the idea of a game that actively works towards making the gamer healthier is novel, but a debate has been sparked in gaming circles over whether Wii Fit even classifies as a game.

Those on the negative side claim Wii Fit is more of a simulation than a game in the proper sense. Utilising a balance board that can work out your body mass index and measures your movements to ensure you are working out properly it is a clever interactive device. But is this device really a game controller, or simply a glorified sit up mat? Doubtlessly we will have to wait for future releases to really answer this question.

The rather incredulous argument from Nintendo is that the Wii Fit game in fact enhances gaming civil rights. The twisted logic argues that the Wii Fit game is about enlarging the gaming population and showing gamers of all ages that they do not have to give up gaming at a certain time of their life. While it is applaudable for Nintendo to have such an altruistic view, whether Wii Fit actually enhances people?s rights to play video games is debatable.

More sceptically this is another method for Nintendo to capture the lucrative casual gamer market. The Wii has already brought users into the gaming fold that would not normally be there and the Wii Fit platform is just the next step in this action. Overall, despite what the hardcore gaming fraternity might argue, the Wii Fit is a good idea that will hopefully get the couch potato up and moving. Let us not forget however, the spiel that Nintendo profess in terms of them being the saviour, and protector of gaming generally has a driving motive; as with most industries, profit is the force behind this new generation in gaming.
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline sam

• Administrator
Re: Wii fit released...
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 20:38 »
and if you are a sceptic this paraody might help. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iYBmAVuBns&feature=related
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 21:21 »
There was an article about those on our local radio the other week.  A group of care homes for the elderly were going to get them, to help keep the oldies fit and mobile!   ;D
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 17:21 »
mine came... can't wait to give it a go tonight  ;D
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 20:24 »
Just be careful you don't damage anything!   :o ;D
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2008, 07:08 »
i had a quick play last night... and its pretty good but I don't like its comments about me being chubby :-D
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline gmax

• Established Member
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2008, 07:54 »
Nothing a hammer wont fix :)x

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2008, 09:38 »
i had a quick play last night... and its pretty good but I don't like its comments about me being chubby :-D

Wii Fit for Fat Gits!   ;D

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum