Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: A Flat Stomach  (Read 4800 times)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Re: A Flat Stomach
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2008, 15:56 »
Awwwww.  Sorry to hear that MB.   :cry:

Offline David

• Loyal Member
  • http://Wormdive_2
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2008, 16:42 »
Hope it works out MB  :cry:

Offline mistybear

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2008, 10:35 »
Not much I can do now to stop it, as an application has been made to the court, so it's only a matter of time. But I'm writing to ministers and shadow ministers, in the vain attempt of achieving a favourable outcome. 
Those who can make you believe absurdities,
can make you commit atrocities.

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2008, 10:49 »
Toes crossed for you, MB.
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline David

• Loyal Member
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2008, 11:18 »
Hope your BND turns out in your favour MB 

Offline mistybear

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2008, 12:35 »
Thanks Rik, it's difficult to type with crossed fingers.  :)

Thanks David, what's a BND?

I have just spent 6 hours carefully putting a letter together. Attaching the relevant documents, looking up all the email addresses of the relevant ministers and shadow ministers, state and federal, only to get a bloody message back from the postmaster, mail notification.... Failure. Bloody government!!!!

Well at least some of them got delivered. Back to the drawing board.  ???

Offline David

• Loyal Member
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2008, 12:48 »
Bad News Day MB whatever the problem is I just hope it works out,

Have you made an error in the Email address.................its easy done when you are under pressure..good luck

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2008, 18:37 »
Sorry to hear your news, MB.  Good luck!  :wub:
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline mistybear

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2008, 10:31 »
Thanks Simon.  :-*

The support you guys give me, means a lot.  :thumbs:

Sitting here for hours on end researching and typing letters. I sometimes wonder why I bother as this has been going on for over a year. I won one battle, but I think I will lose the war. Sometimes I just want to go to bed and not wake up.

My solicitor rang today and suggested that I use the Freedom Of Information Act, to ask for documents that they are basing their application on. I asked him what I should ask for, he said the lot. Probably cost a small fortune in photocopying, might be better spent on the tent I'll need to live in.   :bawl:

I know my battle is insignificant in comparison to the battle some face with ill health, and I should count my blessings, which I do. 2 cats and a kid.  ;D

Offline David

• Loyal Member
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2008, 11:31 »
No MB I disagree with those who say "count your blessing" many who misuse this old adage are either defeatists
or have not many problems .I think where you are concerned "walk a mile in my shoes"would be more apt.
Your battle is as worrying and frustrating as anyone who is facing a battle of any significance and to (even with good intentions us this qoute are wrong,when any of us face any challenge which affects our lives in such an important way and face the prospect of losing anything so basic as the roof over our heads you have every right to feel as you do.
When an event dominates our lives so much that it takes over our lives or makes us feel as you do then in one way or another you need some support,even if its a voice which is on your side,which listens.This can have dramatic effects on how we view a situation or may help give us that bit of strength when things look so beyond and resolve.

No matter what the problem is MB somewhere there has to be an answer and by the sound of it you need either some help or a break from it,but if something is dominating your mind day in day out,for months or years on end this can be soul destroying or will give you even more determination to get through it or win the day.
I admire your courage I admire your self depricating attitude.
If your battle has,and I suspect meets most if not more than I have stated it is not insignificant.it sounds a little hollow but I really hope you pace yourself and try (and its easier said than done) to give your mind a littlle break now and again,it would appear the odds are against you.this is the kind of battle which is sweeter when you finally can rest in thhe releif thats its over and you have some form of victory nder your belt.

I sincerely hope that you can take a break now and again to recoup your strength,both physically and mentally and find the elusive answer to all of this,because no matter what it it.MB......There is one and your more likely to discover it if you are refreshed and clear thinking.

I also hope that,the little bit of luck,we all need from time to time.comes your way and soon.

Good Luck and it sems apt...Rome wasnt built in a day

David

Its not the challange we face which becomes our enemy,its the fear anxiety,and all the emotins which we are forced to face and they can become demons if allowed to get out of control...to handle something on your own will either make us or break us......Im confident that with you,you have the attributes to endure to the end which in your case could turn out to be ,A Begining
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 11:36 by David »

Offline mistybear

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2008, 12:36 »
Awww, now you've gone and made me cry....  :boohoo: you're a sweetie.  :-*

I did take a break this afternoon, and played with Nemo (Tonks), while I tried digging weeds out of my lawn. I find it relaxing, but not so much with Nemo jumping on my back when I bend over. (No, it isn't appropriate to have dirty thoughts  :naughty:)

One of the last things my solicitor said to me, was to look after myself as I was banging myself up against some pretty big walls.   :brickwall: :stars:

My neighbour, who is also in the same position, we live in a duplex, I think you call them "semi's". Well she is going to Paris for a month, some people.  ::)

She has heart disease and is a heavy smoker, so she figures that she hasn't got long, might as well. She hasn't been involved in any of this, as with her health, she wouldn't be able to cope.

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2008, 14:33 »
As David says, you have tremendous courage - more than anyone else I know.  We are all thinking of you and hoping everything will work out for you.

Offline David

• Loyal Member
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2008, 14:37 »
Dont go soft on me now MB (there s a though for us men)go out in the garden,and you are allowed dirty thoughts,its only inappropraite if you enact them whilst in the cold meats section of Tescos,other than that...enjoy  ;D ;D :devil:

Dont forget we are still engaged :-* :-*

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2008, 15:22 »
One of the last things my solicitor said to me, was to look after myself as I was banging myself up against some pretty big walls.   :brickwall: :stars:

Was that just before he handed you the bill, MB? ;D

Seriously, though, it's sound advice, so make sure you take it.  ;)
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline mistybear

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2008, 15:44 »
I can't afford a solicitor Rik, if I could, I'd get him to do all the work, or I'd just buy the bloody house. He is a really great guy, or as they say "a top bloke". He is a legal aid solicitor, who has a massive work load and is frustrated by the fact that he isn't allowed to represent anyone, only phone advice. I have seen him a few times and he is as sharp as a razor. I usually email him and send him documents so he can look them over when he has time, so then all he has to do is phone me with a yay or a nay as to which way to go.

When I went up there earlier in the year to use their fax machine, their receptionist told me that it wasn't worth losing my health over and perhaps I should just walk away. Well I've come this far......  and I know it's good advice. And I hope you are doing the same.  ;) ;)

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum