Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Free DivX film downloads  (Read 2335 times)

Offline Tony

• Loyal Member
    • http://www.sugrue.ndo.co.uk
Free DivX film downloads
« on: November 06, 2008, 22:13 »
Anybody know if tThis Site is OK or is it iffy ?   

I just stumbled upon it whilst looking at Hirems 8.4 Boot CD
Athiesm is a non-prophet organization.

Online Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re: Free DivX film downloads
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 22:28 »
It looks like a similar thing to RapidShare, Tony, where you can upload files to their site, then they give you a download link to pass on to others, if you so wish.  How well it's policed, I wouldn't like to guess, and I'm also not sure what they actually want to you download, as RapidShare doesn't require anything.  Usually, with these sites, they make you wait a few minutes for the download to start, while they bombard you with pop ups and other ads.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 22:45 »
looks ok, but I'd go via the more "traditional" routes.
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 01:10 »
Dont know about that site Tony but those Hirems CDs are great, I have been using them since around v6   :)

Offline Tony

• Loyal Member
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 13:06 »
Dont know about that site Tony but those Hirems CDs are great

I'll say they are Sandra, don't you remember, you sent me one way back, and it has dug me out of the poo poo many a time.

I have been using them since around v6   :)
suprise suprise , you go back earlier than that, the one you sent me is version .....drum roll.......4.2

If you mess with your PC or other peoples, you really should have a  Hirems Boot Disk.

To some of our newer members, yes Sandra and I go way back. Hence, when I try winding her up on the political threads, she tolerates me like a dog tolerates fleas. :devil:

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2008, 14:16 »
Funnily enough I did put v4 at first then thought it couldnt have been so far back Tony so changed it to v6 :)

I have never fallen out with anyone over a difference in opinion on politics or religion, after all if we didnt think about things for ourselves and blindly believed what we were told by our elders then we would all be muslims wouldnt we :dunno:

If we were all muslims then wed have to argue and blow each other up over whose version, shia, sunni or wahabi was the right one to follow. So its a good job that we have freedom of thought here in the west, to stop future religous wars  :)

I couldnt fall out with Tony as he used to be a good guy when he lived in Burnley, its only since he went to the dark side (Yorkshire), that his politics have got him muddled up  ;D

Offline mistybear

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2008, 14:47 »
 :haha:
Those who can make you believe absurdities,
can make you commit atrocities.

Offline Tony

• Loyal Member
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2008, 15:58 »
 :pmsl:

Talking about Yorkshire, they do share something with Americans besides Menwith Hill and that's a belief they live in the best place in the world. When again the reality is, like the Yanks they should just get out more. Yorkshire Airlines
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 16:06 by Tony »

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2008, 22:50 »
Sandra tells lies, Tony.  She falls out with me all the time over Corrie.  ;)

Incidently who's Hirem?
http://dinah.www.idnet.com/chrisisaac.swf

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2008, 00:35 »
You didnt reply to my post earlier about the yanks building their listening post at Menwith Hill Tony.
I still reckon theyre keeping their eyes and ears on you  ;D

On reading your link to Wiki, it seems that they are placing new domes even nearer to you now Tony  :woot:

Since 1985 the number of domes and dishes at the base has increased from four to 26. The two 16-meter domes will require moving the site boundary, including fencing and lights, around 160 meters closer to the A59 Harrogate-Skipton road to the south. The expansion is to establish a European ground relay system at Menwith Hill which will be part of a new generation of satellite communications.

Hirems a guy who put a collection of programs together on a bootable CD that can help diagnosing and repairing PCs that wont boot into windows for some reason, Dinah.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 00:38 by Sandra »

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum