Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Ipod Touch.  (Read 4246 times)

Offline mistybear

• Forum Fanatic
Ipod Touch.
« on: November 16, 2008, 10:50 »
Does anyone have any knowledge about the new Apple Ipod Touch. I'm looking at getting one for Michael for chrissy or his birthday. They have an 8GB, 16GB or the 32GB.

I've been looking at the refurbished ones from Apple, they come with a one year warranty.

http://store.apple.com/au/browse/home/specialdeals/ipod?mco=MTIzMzE
Those who can make you believe absurdities,
can make you commit atrocities.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re: Ipod Touch.
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 12:08 »
No idea myself, MB, but I expect Sam will know about these.  ;)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 12:52 »
these are great if you are doing sport or riding bikes to places but due to their lack of screen can be a little annoying if you wanted to say browse your tracks... great for random but not much else. I used to have a creative zen stone which is the creatvie equivalent.... not much in them from what I can tell. I like having a larger one myself - with a screen. With that much music on I'd get rather annoyed. Does he have any other form of mp3 player?
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008, 13:08 »
I like having a larger one myself...

No need to boast!   ;D
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline mistybear

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2008, 13:35 »
No need to boast!   ;D

It's not what you've got, but how you use it, that matters.  ;)

these are great if you are doing sport or riding bikes to places but due to their lack of screen can be a little annoying if you wanted to say browse your tracks... great for random but not much else. I used to have a creative zen stone which is the creatvie equivalent.... not much in them from what I can tell. I like having a larger one myself - with a screen. With that much music on I'd get rather annoyed. Does he have any other form of mp3 player?

I think you may have misunderstood me Sam. The Ipod Touch has a screen, perhaps I didn't point out in the link that the one I'm looking at getting is down the bottom.

http://store.apple.com/au/product/FB376ZP/A?mco=MjE0NTU0MQ

He has a Medion 20GB media player, and we recently received a Ipod Nano 1GB with a new phone from our Satellite pay TV provider. They are amazing!!!

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2008, 17:10 »
oh yes, of course it does - sorry I didn't read the text properly and I assumed it was one of the small Ipod sport ones that you just clip on. Oh, that would be nice.... the question is does he need it /  does it offer much more on top of the Medion and I suspect not in terms of audio play back. I  have the older version of the Ipod with a 60GB harddisk and it works great... and I'm not at all tempted to pay out for one of these newer ones. Unless, of course he has asked for one? I wouldn't recommend it over what he already has.

- sam | @starrydude --

Offline mistybear

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2008, 09:14 »
He doesn't use the Medion one that much anymore, does take away with us, as he can put a few movies and TV shows on it, to watch. But says that it's too bulky.  ::)

He's a teenager, Sam, he doesn't need it, just wants one because...... :dunno:   Well, it's Christmas after all.  ;)

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2008, 09:55 »
fair enough... I remember that mentality and I'm sure I still have it :-D I have more electronics than I could ever need!

But my question really is, does he want this one - or has he suggested he wants a new mp3 player?
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline mistybear

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2008, 10:10 »
I think he really wants the Ipod Touch, as I suggested various other MP3 players, as they were cheaper, but no. And perhaps the compatibility issue as well, with iTunes, which he has on his computer.
And unfortunately due to our dollar going from 96 US cents, to 63 US, the price of imported electronics will be going up, not down after Christmas.  :(

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2008, 13:56 »
same for us... argh!
- sam | @starrydude --

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum