Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: scanner won't work..  (Read 2339 times)

Offline sharon159

scanner won't work..
« on: December 03, 2008, 21:26 »
I have a HP Officejet 5610 All-in-one printer, Dell 2350 computer, windows XP. All of a sudden the scanner stopped working, I did have my comuter in recently for an overhaul on it as it had a virus and some other issues.  So...now when I try to use the scanner, I get an error messege saying "No scan Options". Does anyone have any solution to this problem. Appreciate any feedback on this..

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re: scanner won't work..
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 22:24 »
Do you have a CD with the scanner, Sharon?  It may just be a question of reinstalling the drivers and software.

Alternatively, if you go into Device Manager (Right click My Computer > Manage > Device Manager), and see if there's a yellow ? or ! next to Imaging devices.  If so, and your scanner is listed, right click it and try Update Drivers (with the scanner CD in the drive).  If that fails, disconnect the scanner from the USB, then Uninstall it in Device Manager, reboot your computer, and then reconnect the scanner.  It should then reinstall itself as New Hardware, and again, you may need the CD which came with it.

Give us another shout if you need any further help.  :)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline sharon159

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 02:43 »
Simon...I am not able to locate in My Computer-Manager- Device Manager. I apologize I am not that good with computers, but...can follow directions if explained well. I do have to tell you that I was told that maybe my cd was corrupt, as I tried to reinstall software already. Maybe I should just buy a new all-in-one.. Thanks again..

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 09:46 »
You can download the software from the HP site, Sharon.

Open Control Panel: Start > Settings > Control Panel > System, click on the hardware tab, then Device Manager. Alternatively, right click on My Computer, select properties, then click on the hardware tab, then Device Manager. The scanner should appear under Imaging Devices.

Slainthe!

Rik

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2008, 10:01 »
I think you should be able to download the drivers from here, Sharon, if the CD doesn't work.  I certainly wouldn't go out and buy another printer just yet - we don't give up that easily!

Access Device Manager from either of the methods Rik or myself mentioned.  :)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum