Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: phpMyAdmin  (Read 3170 times)

Offline Sheltieuk

• Scolebrook Shetland Sheepdogs
phpMyAdmin
« on: April 23, 2009, 16:55 »
I have recently set up a Wordpress blog on my home server, I have managed to install Wordpress, PHP and Mysql database and get everything working correctly, but I am trying to use phpMyAdmin to manage the database I have got this installed but when I try to login to phpMyAdmin I am getting the error shown in the attached image.

Does any one have any experience of using this application and know how to solve this error everything in the php ini file seems to be configured correctly with the appropriate extension present and enabled?

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re: phpMyAdmin
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 16:59 »
Hi Ray,

Hopefully, someone will be along to help you with this soon.  :)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 18:44 »
Oh, Sam...  ;D
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline Sheltieuk

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 19:22 »

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 21:45 »
firstly - I know this is obvious but are you using the correct password for the phpmyadmin interface for the correct database? Always worth checking.

It says you don't have the mcrypt extension installed. If you are using ubuntu (maybe with debian):

sudo apt-get install php5-mcrypt

(assuming you are using php5... and you may need todo a apt-get update first.)

Let me know if this is of use... I have some manual ideas too.

More info on mcrypt can be found at: http://uk.php.net/manual/en/mcrypt.requirements.php - its better for phpmyadmin but not required,  and you can turn of this need, but I'd recommend try to install mcrypt. Let me know if you haven't got ubuntu (or debian). To disable the need you need to edit config.inc.php  setting:

$cfg['McryptDisableWarning'] TRUE

This then disables the default warning that is displayed if mcrypt is missing for cookie authentication. You can set this parameter to TRUE to stop this message from appearing.

- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Sheltieuk

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2009, 22:25 »
Thanks for the reply, Sam, I'm running it on Windows Home Server, I'll have a play with it again on Sunday and see if I can get it working.  :)

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum