Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Can't Access Internet  (Read 1201 times)

Offline jwolfsmith

• New Registration
Can't Access Internet
« on: July 25, 2009, 18:18 »
Using Home WiFi.  Moved computer usin a D-Link Wireless Adapter and now wireless connection not working and can't access internet.  Have tried removing IE7 and loading Firefox, but can't connect to server.  Have run WinsockxpFix, but still not working.  Firewalls disabled.  Any ideas? 2 other laptops working perfectly on the wifi.

Offline sam

• Administrator
Re: Can't Access Internet
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 18:28 »
is your computer accessing the local network via the wifi ok? Do you using WEP or any or passwor software?
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 18:39 »
Where you have moved the computer to, is there anything, such as a DECT phone, or lots of electrical wiring that could be interfering with the wireless adapter?  As Sam said, can you access the router itself from the problem PC?
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline jwolfsmith

• New Registration
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2009, 03:42 »
I actually tried to move the computer to another room, well away from the router, it didn't work, so moved back to the kitchen within 15 feet of the router.  I am not connected to the network and when I try to repair the connection, I get an error message saying "windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action could not be completed:  connecting to the wireless network".  Could my registries be corrupted? :cry:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2009, 10:19 »
You may just need to run the Network Connection Wizard to establish a new connection.  Have you tried connecting the computer with an ethernet cable to the router?
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum