Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Region 1 DVDs - NTSC?  (Read 12987 times)

Offline mistybear

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Region 1 DVDs - NTSC?
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2009, 12:28 »
 :pmsl:

I'll get back to you on that.
Those who can make you believe absurdities,
can make you commit atrocities.

Offline mistybear

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2009, 12:29 »
Your right Simon.

If he wins, Paypal will insist that he provide proof of postage before they release the refund to him.

I have been through this before.

The problem buyers don't anticipate is the length they have to wait for a refund once they escalate the dispute, as the seller has no say in the matter anymore.

He will be waiting a while now.

If he had of had some manners, I would have the DVDs and he would have his money by tomorrow.

I bought some DVDs from another auction site, then the seller's account was put on hold. I asked the administrators of the site if it was a scam and should I put in a claim, they weren't at liberty to tell me. I'd like to tell them what sort of f..... liberty they were taking with me.

Anyway, I did put in a dispute with paypal and asked the seller to contact me, and if they honour their agreement to send the items, I would withdraw my claim.

Not a bloody word, and after I had forgotten about it, the postie arrives with my DVDs from China.

At least they honoured their agreement.   :)

And no they aren't the same DVDs.  :naughty:

Offline mistybear

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2009, 12:37 »
???  

Sorry gmax, something about chainsaw collectors in the US just reminded me of deliverance, the movie.

Must be my weird sense of humour.   ;D

Oh, and the pic of Pauline doesn't help the image any, either.  :)x
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 12:40 by mistybear »

Offline mistybear

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2009, 15:07 »
Well, got the good news tonight. It has been resolved in the buyers favour.....  I'm glad they didn't let the truth get in the way of a buyer refund.  :censored:

I went to the resolution section in paypal and found that the last message I sent to paypal outlining my side wasn't there.

I really don't care anymore, it's not worth the headache.

He has sent the DVDs and paypal has given me the tracking number, I just clicked that I had received it, just to put an end to it.

I used to wonder why sellers used to bitch and complain about how things are all in favour of the buyer, well now I know why. If he leaves me a negative, there is nothing I can do, as sellers aren't allowed to give buyers a negative.  >:(

Offline gmax

• Established Member
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2009, 15:26 »
It's just bad luck that you struck a dopey bidder, tomorrow I'll be leaving negative feedback for a seller, I paid for my item almost four weeks ago, nothing has arrived yet & the seller wont respond to my messages but she has left me good feedback  ???.
She wont even respond to the paypal investigation.

Offline mistybear

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2009, 15:43 »
She left you good feedback for your payment, how kind of her.  ::)

Offline gmax

• Established Member
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2009, 15:56 »
She left me good feedback after I made the paypal claim but she just wont respond to my messages, paypal have no choice but to find in my favor because she wont communicate.
I hope they ban her, I've had over 400 transactions only had problems with three people, I rarely sell these days.

Offline David

• Loyal Member
  • http://Wormdive_2
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2009, 16:38 »
No surprise Misty buyers cant lose with paypal and this has been abused or claimed to be many times over another reason why I dont sell anymore on Ebay.....I can honestly say I have never pulled a fast one on a seller though .
At least it is all done now and if you get left a negative there is nothing you can do about it as gmax has said you got unlucky with the bidder.
It wont really have any inpact on your reputation ...as a buyer I always check out both sides and form my own opinion and from what you have said I think I would ignore that red one 

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2009, 19:41 »
Well, got the good news tonight. It has been resolved in the buyers favour.....

:ouch2:  Really sorry to hear that MB.  You deserve better! 

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2009, 20:58 »
I believe you can respond if he leaves you negative feedback, to clarify the position that he's a tit who's player isn't multi-region.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline davy51

• Loyal Member
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2009, 03:28 »
older Panasonic are bad about regional DVD's

his equipment must have been some old junk

Sorry to hear you found one of the idiots on ebay
Dave

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend

Albert Camus

Offline mistybear

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2009, 05:21 »
Thanks for your support,  :wub: it's nice to hear some kind words after all the frustrating b*llsh*t from ebay and paypal.  :bawl:

I made an application to ebay to cancel the transaction so I could get my final value fees back, plus I'm hoping that will cancel the option of him leaving feedback.

I did receive a reply from him saying that he would agree to a mutual cancellation, which he has done. So the transaction has closed and hopefully I will receive the DVDs back in good condition and I'll go back to doing something less expensive, frustrating and time consuming.......

I couldn't actually find anything on his exact DVD player, Davy, but I did find the US version which is region locked. His is a panasonic sa-dm3, which seems to be part of a home theatre package, the US version is a sc-dm3.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2009, 10:52 »
Selling isn't what it used to be on eBay, now that buyers are aware that they can't receive negative feedback.  I sold a mobile phone before Christmas, in brand new condition, and three months later, the buyer emailed me to say it had stopped working, and seemed to think I had a liability to do something.  That said, for every pillock, there are dozens of good honest buyers, so if you want to sell stuff, and enjoy doing so, don't let one idiot put you off, MB.

:)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline gmax

• Established Member
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2009, 10:54 »
Paypal helped me, I received a full refund, I left the seller negative feedback, she went from 100% to 87% , an added bonus was that the seller left me good feedback  :thumbs:.
All the seller had to do was reply to my messages but the silly twat couldn't even do that.
MB, You will have to make your DVD sales "idiot proof", just sell Region 4 DVD's .

Offline mistybear

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2009, 11:04 »
Selling isn't what it used to be on eBay, now that buyers are aware that they can't receive negative feedback.  I sold a mobile phone before Christmas, in brand new condition, and three months later, the buyer emailed me to say it had stopped working, and seemed to think I had a liability to do something.  That said, for every pillock, there are dozens of good honest buyers, so if you want to sell stuff, and enjoy doing so, don't let one idiot put you off, MB.

:)

3 months later, you are kidding.  :o  What a f*@#ing liberty!

I had a laugh at one listing of oem software, obviously the guy was fed up with all the questions and added that "this is oem software NOT retail, if you want retail go to a store".
I imagined that he left an f word in there, or two.

Paypal helped me, I received a full refund, I left the seller negative feedback, she went from 100% to 87% , an added bonus was that the seller left me good feedback  :thumbs:.
All the seller had to do was reply to my messages but the silly twat couldn't even do that.
MB, You will have to make your DVD sales "idiot proof", just sell Region 4 DVD's .

I'd love to gmax, but they are far more expensive to buy. US DVDs and other stuff is so much cheaper to buy.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum