Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: I've Jumped!  (Read 2987 times)

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
Re: I've Jumped!
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2009, 12:30 »
You know I said my back up computer was elderly?  The HDD has been clicking for some time and yesterday it finally refused to play.  I'm going to see if I can get another HDD to work but it's not a machine I'm prepared to invest a lot of resources in.  Hubby has promised me a new computer for Christmas if I need one  :banana: .
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2009, 14:24 »
Here's a slightly more up to date link for cedega: http://www.cedega.com/downloads/

yeah I've used Cedega, but its not free anymore and I quite like challenge of getting stuff working via other method (well Wine mostly)
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2009, 14:28 »
You know I said my back up computer was elderly?  The HDD has been clicking for some time and yesterday it finally refused to play.  I'm going to see if I can get another HDD to work but it's not a machine I'm prepared to invest a lot of resources in.  Hubby has promised me a new computer for Christmas if I need one  :banana: .

That's a shame - hard disk failures are always a pain but its generally the cheap bit to go now.
- sam | @starrydude --

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum