Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: silence of the lambs  (Read 10504 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re: silence of the lambs
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2009, 17:52 »
Good thinking, Baz.  It has to be a running program of some sort - unless he does actually have a sheep hiding in his PC!  ;D
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Baz

• Established Member
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2009, 17:53 »
just looking through the windows sounds on my system, there is one 'Windows XP Hardware Fail'   have a listen and see if that sounds remotely like a sheep

mine are in c>windows>media

Offline Baz

• Established Member
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2009, 17:54 »
might be crying to get out Simon :)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2009, 18:29 »
just looking through the windows sounds on my system, there is one 'Windows XP Hardware Fail'   have a listen and see if that sounds remotely like a sheep

mine are in c>windows>media

Mine sounds nothing like a sheep!  ;D
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Baz

• Established Member
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2009, 19:57 »
 ;D ;D ;D   yeah thats the same sound as mine but , you know, could sound different to someone else :dunno:

might be a getting a bit panic stricken now, been in system so long

Offline KRO

« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2009, 13:12 »
Can you do a screenshot of all the running processes in Task Manager, and post it?  You can use the attachment facility by clicking the Reply button, instead of using the Quick Reply box on here.  :)

sorry about the pics, but hope they help  :dunno:

cheers keith...
cheers kro.....

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2009, 13:18 »
Check where csrss.exe is:

This is the user-mode portion of the Win32 subsystem; Win32.sys is the kernel-mode portion. Csrss stands for Client/Server Run-Time Subsystem, and is an essential subsystem that must be running at all times. Csrss is responsible for console windows, creating and/or deleting threads, and implementing some portions of the 16-bit virtual MS-DOS environment.

Note: The csrss.exe file is located in the folder C:\Windows\System32. In other cases, csrss.exe is a virus, spyware, trojan or worm! Check this with Security Task Manager.

Virus with same name: Nimda.E
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2009, 13:29 »
Hi Keith,

I think we referred to a couple of other spyware sweepers earlier on in the thread, namely, SuperAntiSpyware, and MalwareBytes  Did you try either of them?  Also, it might be worth running HijackThis.  You can post the results here, but I believe you can also send them for immediate analysis.

Offline KRO

« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2009, 00:56 »
Hi Keith,

I think we referred to a couple of other spyware sweepers earlier on in the thread, namely, SuperAntiSpyware, and MalwareBytes  Did you try either of them?  Also, it might be worth running HijackThis.  You can post the results here, but I believe you can also send them for immediate analysis.

hi simon,
             no i've not run any of these you mention, i've only run full scans with AVG and A- squared so far, i will try the others you have recommended....

thanks
cheers kro.....

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2009, 01:06 »
Let us know the results.  :)

Offline KRO

« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2009, 20:33 »
right well after downloading all the suggested prorammes and running full scans, the only thing that has come up each time is low risk tracking cookies..... :dunno: :dunno:
cheers kro.....

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2009, 22:35 »
Well, I have to say, this has beaten me.  Is there anything in C:\WINDOWS\Media that could be it?  Do you have the 'Jungle' sounds, and could it be one of those?  :dunno:

Offline Serenity

• Loyal Member
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2009, 22:39 »
Well, I have to say, this has beaten me.  Is there anything in C:\WINDOWS\Media that could be it?  Do you have the 'Jungle' sounds, and could it be one of those?  :dunno:

Maybe we should ask Tony Hopkins    :o:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2009, 23:02 »
Who's Tony Hopkins?   :laugh:

Offline Serenity

• Loyal Member
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2009, 23:04 »
Who's Tony Hopkins?   :laugh:

He is wharracall round the corner in Port Talbot   :P

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum