Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: MIcrosoft updates  (Read 1373 times)

Offline Whiskas

• Loyal Member
MIcrosoft updates
« on: April 11, 2003, 23:46 »
I keep getting a message to get new updates form microsoft but when I click to get the updates it says that is searching for updates that I need but nothing ever comes up it just keeps searching normally if there is nothing to update it tells me. This has been happening for a couple of weeks now. Does anyone have ideas as to what the prob is?

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re:MIcrosoft updates
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2003, 08:32 »
I had trouble downloading the latest MS security update via XP Auto Update, Whiskas.  Have you tried going to the Windows Update site (usually in your Start Menu Programs) to get it from there?  You have to disable any pop up stoppers in order for it to work properly.  It should do a scan and tell you what updates are available.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Gaelceltic

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2003, 11:53 »
Hi Whiskas,
Had similar problem a few weeks ago, and the problem was caused by an update from microsoft! When I tried to update, it would just sort of hang on 0%. Took me a lot of mucking about to get it fixed, and can't remember exactly what I did now ::)
You could perhaps try here:-http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/troubleshoot/

edited to fix link  :-*

Offline Gaelceltic

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2003, 11:55 »
sorry about that - was having trouble with hyperlinks :-[ ;D

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum