Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Wireless Printer Recommendation...  (Read 6649 times)

Offline andyhx

Wireless Printer Recommendation...
« on: January 02, 2010, 12:36 »
Hi,
Can anyone recommend a wireless printer to hook upto a belkin modem router on a home network?
£100 budget and preferably 1 colour and 1 black cartridge...Scanning facility required too.
Needs to be good for genreal and photo printing.

Thank you.
Andy

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
Re: Wireless Printer Recommendation...
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 12:54 »
Take a look at the HP Photosmart premium. I've seen deals on it down to £99 in recent weeks. It has Bluetooth, wireless and wired networking plus USB, It includes a built-in card reader, a Pictbridge socket and automatic duplexing. The ink cartridges are separate, though, Photo Black, Cyan, Yellow, Magenta and Black. Get the XL cartridges, they are much more cost effective. There's a 6x4" tray for photopaper, but you can print A4 too through the normal tray. It makes excellent photocopies and the scanner is good.
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline Baz

• Established Member
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 13:09 »
WOW!!!!!!!!!  coincidence  :) I have just bought one of these and it is a good printer.Exactly what Rik said about it so cant improve on that.If you go here....comet is where I got mine from.Order online,I chose to pick up in store and pay for it on collection.There is a code for 5% off if you go there.Sorry to say but they had a code for 10% off on Wednesday which is when I got mine,but thats still a good deal.You get all thats needed in the box,USB lead aswell, but check when you go to store,if thats what you do, as I know some places dont include them.If you go to HP site it states that there is one included if you buy from them.

its a good looking machine,not too big footprint.its quiet when printing,gives good sharp printing even with text.easy to operate with a touch screen and easy step by step set up.Havent tried photos yet but my last one also HP was good.Wireless took a bit setting up for my laptops but that was just me and I find wireless set up on anything  is a bit sketchy :D

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010, 13:12 »
What are the cost of cartridges like on the HP?
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Serenity

• Loyal Member
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2010, 13:17 »
I had a HP C4680 Photosmart printer for Xmas  :)  still in the box at the mo, you know me and technology   :hammer:  stand by your beds guys coz I know I will be asking loads of questions when I do install it  :boobies:

I can almost see Sandra hiding now   :peepsofa:  :muah:

Offline Baz

• Established Member
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2010, 13:18 »
yes sorry didnt mention that.I have used cartridges from Choice Stationery for a long time and their brand, Think Cartridges, are good for what I need.Unfortunately they are not yet available for this printer but may be coming soon according to Choice.So genuine HP ones are £7.90 for colour and £8.85 for the black photo.Havent used much yet so cant say what you will get from them.You can also get some which give better value so they say,the XL version, must have more ink in  :dunno:

sorry just a slight edit here:the NORMAL black is £8.85 and the PHOTO one same as the colour £7.90.The normal Black is a slightly bigger cartridge I believe.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 13:29 by Baz »

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2010, 13:21 »
It does, Baz. I find the black XL does about 650 sheets.
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline Baz

• Established Member
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2010, 13:29 »
It does, Baz. I find the black XL does about 650 sheets.

Sounds good value Rik.  :thumbs:

Offline andyhx

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2010, 14:25 »
Thanks all.

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2010, 15:17 »
Mrs Clive has mentioned a wireless printer for the laptop when it turns up.   :D

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2010, 15:59 »
Now you know which one, Clive. :)
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2010, 16:09 »
So, with a wireless printer, do you not have to fiddle about getting it connected to a network?  Does it work with Bluetooth?
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2010, 16:10 »
No, it's quite simple (though I'd recommend a cable if it's near the router) and yes, if it says Bluetooth too.
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2010, 16:13 »
Hmm...  So, technically, using wifi, I could print stuff directly from my phone?  :leer:

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2010, 16:25 »
Yes, regardless of whether the printer is cabled or wireless (everything goes through the router). Bluetooth might be easier, though, as it won't need a driver.
Slainthe!

Rik

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum