Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Hauppauge win tv stick  (Read 4162 times)

Offline billio

• New Registration
Hauppauge win tv stick
« on: January 15, 2010, 18:06 »
Hi does anybody know how to connect a Hauppauge win tv stick to a cable box ? Ican connect it via an ariel type cable and I get a great picture but sadly no sound  :bawl:Pleeeeeeez help Regards Billy

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
Re: Hauppauge win tv stick
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 18:23 »
Sorry, no idea but welcome to the forum.  :welcome:

Sandra will be along later, she's our resident AV guru, if Simon doesn't get here first.
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline billio

• New Registration
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 20:26 »
Cheers Rik and thanks for for the welcome Billy

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 20:53 »
:welcome:  Billy.  I think Sandra would be your best person for this.  Hopefully, she will be along soon.  :)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2010, 01:12 »
I have never used cable but if your stick has phono connections for composite and L & R audio then I would use those from the cable box, assuming that it has the same connections and set the input to the composite in the capture program. That way works on most external boxes to capture cards.
If you cant get that to work then you could use one of those USB to Phono connectors and connect your box to the PC via that.
Similar to this :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/USB-VHS-TV-TO-DVD-S-VIDEO-CAPTURE-ADAPTER-GRABBER-VISTA_W0QQitemZ380193596959QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Computing_Computer_Components_Graphics_Video_TV_Cards_TW?hash=item58854de61f

Some do the same type of thing with a Scart to Phono adapter for a little more cash, in case your box hasnt got Phono AV and Audio out.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 01:15 by Sandra »

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum