Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: You know all those 12-megapixel digital cameras? Yeah, they're a ripoff.  (Read 2154 times)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
Too much of a generalisation, imo, Clive. There are good cameras and bad, I've had excellent results with a 12M compact, a 12M bridge and a 12M DSLR. The latter will always produce the best image, because of the larger sensor, but it costs an awful lot more than the other two. My compact is a Lumix, with Leica lens, and Panasonic really do seem to have mastered the art of getting the best from a small box. The bridge is a Fuji, and their super-CCD design goes a long way to eliminating the issues caused by small sensors. From both of those, I can print good quality A4 images, and even push it to A3 if I must. The DSLR, otoh, will happily go to A2.
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
The full size image doesn't actually look too bad.  What does he expect from a cheapish compact?
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
Miracles?
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline Simon

• Administrator
I just managed one of them!  ;D
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
I noticed. Now for starting from scratch...  :)
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline Simon

• Administrator
Indeed!

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum