Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Football on demand  (Read 2872 times)

Offline Den

• Forum Fanatic
Football on demand
« on: February 03, 2010, 17:32 »
Has any one tried this and is it legal.

http://www.livefootballstreams.co.uk/

My son has signed up and watches football when he is at home or when he goes across to Norway at the weekends. He says the picture is very good and amazing for a one off payment.    :dunno:
Fourth in the 2018 Quiz of the Year but at least I beat Clive.

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Football on demand
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 17:54 »
I don't know whether it is legal or not - but I watch any match I want online using alternative methods and probably as good quality as that site without paying a single penny.  Google and "word of mouth" are wonderful things. ;D

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 18:23 »
I don't know enough about sports broadcasting to judge whether it's legal or not, Den, but I guess if it's circumventing a pay per view type system, then it wouldn't be.  :dunno:
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 01:12 »
I expect it is probably illegal in the UK to run a site but its a difficult one... just use it, just watch out for fraud.

I watch a few games here and there for free but I prefer to listen to 5live as the quality of the streams is just frustrating.
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 01:12 »
oh I know the pubs in Liverpool got in trouble because they were showing live games (when Liverpool weren't on sky or ppv) from Norwegian channels...
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 10:48 »
There was a legal case, iirc, the landlady was getting the feed from Greece.
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2010, 11:06 »
I prefer to be fed without grease.  :)x
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2010, 11:07 »
The rump was nice, served with thick cut chips and followed by a Gu choccie mousse. :)
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2010, 11:27 »
Diet?  What diet?  ;D

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2010, 11:28 »
I lost 100g yesterday. :)
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2010, 11:31 »
What, you dropped a chunk of chocolate under the sofa? 

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2010, 11:41 »
 ;D

I never do such things. Non-food items, maybe...
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2010, 11:58 »
;D

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2010, 13:12 »
The case is still being looked into as to whether its illegal or not to watch subscribed to foreign satellite TV in the UK.
SKY UK and the premiere league are trying to ban it but the association representing pubs is fighting it.
I am not sure if they want to stop individual people from subscribing to foreign satellite TV or if its just the commercial ones, I cant see how they can say its illegal for one group and not the other. If they rule against the pubs using and paying for equipment from a foreign satellite provider then they will also have to stop all the people who do so privately such as immigrants and their descendants from Italy, Poland, Germany France, Greece, Russia and the eastern european countries.

The advantages to commercial concerns such as pubs are both in cost, a SKY UK subscription to show football can cost £1,200 per month for a medium sized pub compared to around £120 per month for the same service from Greece, as well as the English Premiere matches being shown live on foreign satellites but are usually delayed on SKY UK. Seeing that Murdochs lot and the premiere league can afford to pay a lot more for their lawyers that the pubs associations I should think the pubs will eventually lose out. Where that leaves the private individuals I am unsure about.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum