Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: The Chorley and Leiston Thread  (Read 165842 times)

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
Re: The Chorley and Leiston Thread
« Reply #1260 on: February 15, 2015, 09:59 »
VCD Athletic 2 - 2 Leiston Missed a pen in the last 10 mins vs the second from the bottom club. will we ever make the play offs, I doubt it  :dunno:

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1261 on: February 17, 2015, 22:33 »
Lancashire FA Trophy Semi Final:

Holker Old Boys 0 - 3 Chorley

A short (three miles) trip to the County Ground in Leyland saw Chorley coast to an easy win against a team three leagues below.  Should have scored about ten, mind, but I'll take the three that we did manage to put away!

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1262 on: February 18, 2015, 07:14 »
Leiston 0 - 1 Margate  :(  comments all round the ground after the game tonight saying that is the best non league game ever? have to admit it was pretty good if we had took our chances but there you go we didn't so 2nd in the table beat 8th in the table to dent our play off chances. onwards to next Saturdays match where we play top of the table Maidstone. should be interesting. :thumbs:

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1263 on: February 21, 2015, 17:47 »
Harrogate Town 4 - 1 Chorley.

Was sorely tempted to go and stay overnight, if only because I quite like the spa town of Harrogate.  Glad I didn't!

Online Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #1264 on: February 22, 2015, 00:45 »
Ouch!   :(
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1265 on: February 22, 2015, 09:12 »
Leiston 2 - 2 Maidstone. (top of the table)

After having a player sent off (new star striker) on 10 mins this was always going to be an up hill struggle. 0 - 2 at half time it wasn't looking good but then the fight back started!! the numbers were evened up 10 mins into the second half when a very sloppy sending off (bad ref) it was all Leiston after that and the game finished 2 - 2 with a crowd of 300 plus that game felt like a win?  :thumbs:

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1266 on: February 24, 2015, 22:30 »
Chorley 1 - 1 Oxford City

Same old story - totally dominated the game, but couldn't get the ball between the sticks more than once.  I'm thinking of offering my six year old granddaughter as a striker, because even she couldn't miss some of the chances that this lot fail to put away!

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1267 on: March 01, 2015, 08:38 »
Enfield 0 - 2 Leiston another hard working team performance away from home and moved us back up to 6th place.

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1268 on: March 01, 2015, 08:53 »
Chorley 3 - 3 Worcester City 

Att 1128

Great game for the neutral.  I'm not going to go on about the number of sitters missed again - I'll quote a fellow fan from the semi-official forum:

Another cliche is immediately relevant -"if you don't take your chances you can't complain". Several very good opportunities -it was more difficult to miss than score=-were squandered -just like the Oxford game.

While someone else wrote:

Please {manager} get Josh Hine some finishing practice. My God if he scored half his chances this season we'd be top of the league.

I suppose we should be happy with our position, seeing that this is our first season at this level for many years, but if this carries on we will be the most consistently dominant side ever to end up in the bottom half of a league table!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 08:59 by chorleydave »

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1269 on: March 03, 2015, 21:51 »
Chorley 2 - 2 Leamington

Att. 630

Didn't bother - too bloody cold!

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1270 on: March 07, 2015, 17:56 »
Brackley Town 0 - 1 Chorley

Listened to the match live on Chorley FM.  (Yes, it is a real radio station, not just something that Peter Kay alludes to in his TV programmes!)  Glad I wasn't there.  Didn't seem to be much going on.

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1271 on: March 08, 2015, 11:58 »
Grays Athletic 1 - 1 Leiston still in with an outside chance of the play offs..but I doubt it  :o

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1272 on: March 14, 2015, 18:20 »
Chorley 2 - 2 AFC Fylde

Att. 1525

Seven points from the last possible 24 - and this when our play-off rivals have been dropping points too.  :ack:

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1273 on: March 15, 2015, 15:36 »
Leiston 0 - 0 Harrow Borough neither keeper had a save to make that shows what its like when there is an easterly hoolie blowing on a rock hard bumpy pitch  :crazy:

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1274 on: March 16, 2015, 22:10 »
Lancashire FA Challenge Trophy Final:

Clitheroe 0 - 3 Chorley

Att. 1611

Played at Bolton Wanderers

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum