Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: The Chorley and Leiston Thread  (Read 165085 times)

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
Re: The Chorley and Leiston Thread
« Reply #420 on: November 17, 2011, 09:15 »
Leiston 1 - 0 Billericay Town in the league cup last night, Billericay play in the Ryman premier  ;D

Att 179 ...bonus  :thumb:

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #421 on: November 17, 2011, 11:08 »
Leiston 1 - 0 Billericay Town in the league cup last night, Billericay play in the Ryman premier  ;D

Att 179 ...bonus  :thumb:

Leiston, third in Ryman North, pulled off a shock by beating Billericay, second in the Premier, with a lone 81st-minute goal by Danny Smy.

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #422 on: November 17, 2011, 19:20 »
Was keeping an eye on it on Twitter.  Great result for your lads, Terry.   :thumb:

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #423 on: November 19, 2011, 11:31 »
Was keeping an eye on it on Twitter.  Great result for your lads, Terry.   :thumb:

I think we will both be on twitter today Dave, away to waltham Forest.  :laugh:

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #424 on: November 19, 2011, 22:49 »
Waltham 0 - 5 Leiston  :thumb:

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #425 on: November 19, 2011, 23:02 »
:welldone:  Leiston.

Not too good for my team today.  Away at Hednesford, looking favourites to win the league and not lost at home for about 18 months.

Hednesford 2 - 0 Chorley. :cry:

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #426 on: November 20, 2011, 10:05 »
Waltham 0 - 5 Leiston  :thumb:

Waltham Forest 0 Leiston 5

An emphatic win for the Blues on the road as they totally overwhelmed nine man Waltham Forest. Rhys Henry's early goal was doubled by David Head's 48th minute volley. Luke Hammond added a third before the hosts were reduced to nine men following two sending's off for similar rash challenges. Danny Smy hit a fourth before Nathan Stone added the fifth on his return from injury.

A superb result on the road for the Blues against a side who had started the season well and had won five of their eight games at home. The visitors included Gareth Heath and Nathan Stone in the squad following injury but their preparations were hampered by heavy traffic en route and the kick off was delayed ten minutes. Forest had a dominating display in midweek despite the defeat to Heybridge Swifts but were soon on the back foot and fell behind to a fourth minute goal. Danny Smy did well down the right and his cross into the box picked out Rhys Henry who had got between the two centre halves of Green and Lokando to head home his third goal of the season. The goal settled the visitors and Leiston controlled the first half with their goal barely troubled. But they were forced into an interval change with Mark Goldfinch replacing the injured Joe Jefford. The second goal of the game was going to be crucial and within two minutes of the second half Leiston grabbed it. Skipper David Head stayed in the box following a free kick and his sweet left foot volley inside the area gave Omand no chance. The Blues suffered another injury blow with Mark Goldfinch, who had only came on at half-time, replaced by Blake Saker following a hamstring injury. The visitors then added a third twenty minutes from time. Luke Hammond neatly lifting the ball over Omand for his first goal of the season after some slick build-up play from Rhys Henry and Danny Smy. The home side then lost their discipline with first Bonnett sent off for a second yellow card and then Conteh received a straight red for a rash lunge on Blake Saker. With six minutes remaining Danny Smy got the goal his display deserved, powering home a shot across Omand after the home defence went to sleep and then the returning Nathan Stone added a fifth a minute later as he headed home into an empty net from close range after Danny Smy’s shot had fell invitingly to him via the top of the crossbar.

Despite not being at our best a fantastic away win on a difficult pitch. The only sour note was the injuries to Mark Goldfinch and Joe Jefford but with the next game ten days away, they can at least spend the time recuperating.

Waltham Forest: Omand, Sackey, I Conteh, Mojeed, Green, Douglas, Palmer, Lokando, Kalipha, Hammond, Bonnett. Subs: s**ttu, Campbell, Moore

Leiston: Johnson, Driver, Wardley, Head, Jefford (Goldfinch 45 mins, Saker 63 mins), Hammond, Henry, Calver, Smy, Ottley-Gooch (Stone 75 mins) P Brothers. Subs not used: Heath and Norfolk

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #427 on: November 22, 2011, 21:46 »
A tough trip tonight to league leaders, Northwich Victoria, but a great result.  Pity we can't be more consistent.

Nevertheless, I'll go to bed tonight NOT wishing it was 1942 and my name was Himmler, or (alternatively) wishing I had my finger on the nuke button.

Northwich 1 - 3 Chorley.   :thumbs:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #428 on: November 22, 2011, 21:58 »
 :laugh:
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #429 on: November 24, 2011, 21:41 »
Today is the 25th anniversary of Chorley's most memorable victory, 3-0 in an Fa Cup 1st Round 2nd Replay versus Wolverhampton Wanderers.  I was there.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5brRV7HRjE

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #430 on: November 24, 2011, 22:11 »
Happy Anniversary!   :thumbs:
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #431 on: November 26, 2011, 17:06 »
After hammering the league leaders away on Tuesday, Chorley hosted the bottom club, Whitby Town, today.  Thankfully, I'm in bed with a chest infection, so I didn't have to watch us go 2-0 down by half time.  Ended 2-2 which, by all accounts on Twitter, was a fair result on the day.

We really need to raise it against these lower clubs, that's four points that we have lost to Whitby this season, despite them being bottom from matchday one.   >:(

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
« Reply #432 on: November 26, 2011, 17:22 »
It often seems to be the way in all sports, Dave, that teams go to sleep against a perceived weaker opponent. Hope you feel better soon.
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #433 on: November 26, 2011, 18:31 »
Get well soon, Dave.  :)

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #434 on: November 26, 2011, 22:10 »
Thanks.  :)

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum