Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: The Chorley and Leiston Thread  (Read 165162 times)

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
Re: The Chorley and Leiston Thread
« Reply #810 on: January 12, 2013, 18:14 »
Chorley 1 - 0 Blyth Spartans.   :o

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #811 on: January 15, 2013, 07:04 »
No Goal keeper on the books? somethings up.

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #812 on: January 19, 2013, 06:20 »
2 weeks without a game..getting the shakes.   :dunno:

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #813 on: January 19, 2013, 11:01 »
At the moment, no game is a relief for me!  :laugh:

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #814 on: January 23, 2013, 19:12 »
Looks like the gaqme is off again this weekend.  :ack:

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #815 on: January 26, 2013, 10:35 »
Supprisingly the game @ Hampton & Richmond is on..COYB  :thumbs:

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #816 on: January 26, 2013, 12:10 »
Chorley manager Garry Flitcroft believes the enforced break in the NPL Premier Division fixture list could work in his side’s favour.

The recent icy weather conditions have forced every league game in the division since January 12 to be postponed.

And many teams, who are already behind in terms of games played, could find themselves facing a huge backlog of fixtures from now until the end of the season.

Chorley have played more league games than anyone else in the divsion and are, perhaps, in the best position to deal with the interruption in the fixture list and the possible consequences it poses for the rest of the season.

Despite a troublesome season, which has seen the Magpies lose one more game than they have won in the league, they are still only two points outside a position in the top five .

And Flitcroft believes if his men can move into the play-off zone by beating bottom side Eastwood Town at Victory Park this weekend, it could have a huge bearing on the rest of the season.

He said: “I think it will have a huge psychological effect if we can get into a play-off spot.

“A lot of teams, with the way the weather has been, have a lot of games still to play – that could work in our favour.”

Flitcroft, though, concedes that the only way his men can contemplate being in the promotion shake-up come May is if they put together a sustained run of wins together.

He is buoyed by the fact that they have won three of their past five games after a run of seven games without a win. Their last outing was a battling 1-0 victory over Blyth Spartans at home.

He added: “It has been a little frustrating not having games because, to be fair, we have been on a good run – winning three of our last five games.

“Fingers crossed the game will be on tomorrow. Eastwood are bottom of the league and it’s a game we would expect ourselves to win, but there are no easy games in this division.

“A lot of sides come to Chorley and play 4-5-1 and make it difficult for us to break them down.

“But Eastwood are fighting for their lives and they need wins, so they might come out and have a go against us, which might make it easier for us.”

Flitcroft was also pleased to see his men keep a clean sheet in their last match which was a big boost to under-fire goalkeeper Jack Cudworth.

He said: “Jack has made mistakes, but he kept a clean sheet in the last game and that has given him a big lift.”

Chorley have kept themselves active during the cold snap by training at the indoor facility at Blackburn Rovers.

They are likely to be without Dale Whitham (appendicitis), Tom Walker (suspected broken arm) and long-term absentee Keiran Walmsley tomorrow.

http://www.lep.co.uk/sport/football/non-league-football/flitcroft-eyes-up-play-offs-1-5352701

That would be OK if the teams below were well behind on points with loads of games in hand, but there are teams one or two points behind with five, six or seven games in hand!

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #817 on: January 26, 2013, 14:57 »
Incredible. .game off after the team got all the way to london  :-X

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #818 on: January 26, 2013, 18:31 »
:aarrgh:
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #819 on: January 29, 2013, 23:52 »
Tonights game was on  :o

Leiston 1 -1 Wealdstone on a very windy night ..Wealdstone 2nd in the table and favourites to win the league.  :thumbs:

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #820 on: February 01, 2013, 18:56 »
Leiston Manager resigns? didnt see that coming.

with regret we have accepted the resignation of first team manager Mark Morsley. Mark and I had a meeting yesterday and he felt he had taken the club as far as he could. After further dialog with Mark this morning I accepted Mark`s resignation with immediate effect. I would like to put on record that Mark and Leiston Football Club have achieved almost the impossible over the past two seasons and with his guidance we realised his and our dreams of playing in the Ryman Premier League. My Vice Chairman Peter and I, along with everyone at the club which Mark every success in the future both with his business and his football career.

I am delighted to announce that Lee Norfolk will take over as care taker manager and will be in charge of team affairs tomorrow. Lee who has the full support of the Club and the Coaching staff is relishing the challenge and I'm sure you will join me in wishing Lee all the best in his new role at the Club.

Chairman..

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #821 on: February 02, 2013, 10:48 »
After what would have been an embarrassing defeat two seasons ago, but is now expected, to a lower league team at home last Tuesday in a cup match in front of just 117 spectators (mercifully, I wasn't one of them) Chorley return to league action today with a short trip to AFC Fylde.  Fylde are currently two points and two places below Chorley, but have seven games in hand.  Don't be surprised if I am back here later to report a very heavy defeat.

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #822 on: February 02, 2013, 21:00 »
OMG!  AFC Fylde 0 - 1 Chorley.

Apparently, backs to the wall stuff, then a very late winner.  I didn't see that coming.   :)

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #823 on: February 02, 2013, 22:36 »
1 hour before KO, big snow storm...game called off  >:(

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #824 on: February 03, 2013, 11:26 »
That's a bummer, Terry.  I saw on Twitter that it had been called off, but I'm sure it described it as a downpour on there!

I now have a problem.  Since I've stayed away (because it would be more exciting listening to fishing on the radio than watching some of the dross that has been on display at Victory Park this season) the league results have improved slightly.  Do I go back, or am I a jinx on the team?  It's a dilemma!

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum