Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Blog: Android and Apple iOS will not beat BlackBerry  (Read 1451 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Blog: Android and Apple iOS will not beat BlackBerry
« on: November 08, 2010, 21:49 »
Fanboys had better sit down before continuing, as I have some bad news for you, unless your particular tech obsession of choice is CrackBerry or Windows flavoured. Neither Apple iOS nor Android will beat BlackBerry or Microsoft as a mobile business platform any time soon, according to the latest market research.

But more of that later, first let’s start with some confusing jargon. A newly published study conducted by Plantronics reinforces what I already know, namely that more and more people are working outside of the traditional office environment these days.

Well, actually, that’s being a little disingenuous as in reality it confused me greatly by suggesting that people increasingly work in ‘transitional spaces’ and, to be honest, I had no idea what that really meant.  Delving a little deeper, it would appear that it means ‘public spaces used while in transit’ according to Plantronics. Translated into normal-speak I think what the survey was actually trying to say is that people are doing more work while on the bus, train or plane. And in hotel rooms, airport lounges or coffee shops for that matter. Anywhere outside of the office, other than the home environment in other words.

Read more: http://www.pcpro.co.uk/blogs/2010/11/07/android-and-apple-ios-will-not-beat-blackberry/
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline sam

• Administrator
Re: Blog: Android and Apple iOS will not beat BlackBerry
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 23:08 »
so business users rule... probably true.
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 23:11 »
I think Blackberry has the best email service, which is probably the business appeal.  I'd still have one tomorrow, were it not for having to change tarrif.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 23:52 »
I dunno if that's true anymore... but business changes much slower too.
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 10:57 »
Unless making people redundant. :(
Slainthe!

Rik

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum