Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Apple takes textbooks interactive with iBooks 2  (Read 4838 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Apple takes textbooks interactive with iBooks 2
« on: January 19, 2012, 21:39 »
Apple has unveiled iBooks 2, with new features to push the iPad into the textbook market.

Head of marketing Phil Schiller took the stage in New York to announced the new system, saying textbooks have great content, but are heavy, wear out, become outdated, and are not searchable - problems a device such as the iPad can solve.

"It's hard not to see that the textbook is not always the ideal learning tool," he said. "It's a bit cumbersome."

The free iBooks 2 app, which Schiller said was available from the App Store now, will let publishers include interactive animations and videos. Students can highlight sections, take notes, test their knowledge with quizzes and make study cards, as well as search the book.

Read more: http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/education/372316/apple-takes-textbooks-interactive-with-ibooks-2
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline sam

• Administrator
Re: Apple takes textbooks interactive with iBooks 2
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 09:49 »
i think they are behind google on this!
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 21:25 »
i think they are behind google on this!

No surprise there then.  :)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 22:33 »
I've had google books on my phone for ages.
- sam | @starrydude --

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum