Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Bullguard  (Read 2318 times)

Offline Den

• Forum Fanatic
Bullguard
« on: May 03, 2012, 23:24 »

I decided that I would give Bullguard internet security a try as it came top in the Which Report and on the say of my local and very good computer shop. I had problems getting it to install from the disk so I used one off a magazine and used my licence key. All is well on everything ie: Emails, tune up, firewall etc' but although I can access my emails it wont let me access the net via Internet explorer or Firefox etc'. I have turned the firewall off but it's not that so what the hell it can be has got ne beat for tonight. By the way this is being posted on my lap top using the same router (wireless). I can not even access the router from the desk top even though I can receive emails.   HELP
Fourth in the 2018 Quiz of the Year but at least I beat Clive.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re: Bullguard
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 23:48 »
I've just answered next door, Den, but it sounds like you need to allow your web browser in the Bullguard Firewall rules.  Open the Firewall tab, or whatever, and there should be an Applications list which you can add to.  Hopefully adding IE will solve the issue.  :)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline daveeb

• Loyal Member
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 15:44 »
Den from everything i have ever read about Bullguard (quite a lot and it's all bad), i would get rid, there are a few decent alternatives (some free). I believe NOD32 or Kaspersky are good paid for options, or i quite like microsoft security essentials as i'm really cheap. I seem to remember Simon and Clive have a particular favourite (which i can't remember) but i' m sure they'll enlighten us.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 16:37 »
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 19:05 »
I agree with Dave.  I used Bullguard for a while a few years back - OK it was when I was  on Win 95 but it was pretty dreadful.  It came pre-installed on my Time computer and it barked at me every time anything happened.  I changed to Norton's which was 'readily
available' in those days of freedom and innocence.   ;D  Since then I've had to uninstall it from several laptops running Win 7.  Don't touch it with a bargepole!

Offline daveeb

• Loyal Member
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 22:33 »
  I changed to Norton's which was 'readily
available' in those days of freedom and innocence.   ;D 

I seem to remember Sandra was very helpful where Norton was concerned.  :thumbs:

Offline davy51

• Loyal Member
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2012, 13:41 »
Dump it it will give more problems than its worth

Try comodo firewall its free and does a good job
Dave

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend

Albert Camus

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2012, 19:45 »
Two of my computers are running Avira which is free and seems quite adequate. 

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum